Instrument lights.

Hi there, I installed a new clock in my D90 today, together with a new bulb from the local spares shop.

Going out tonight, I see that all my other dials are green, but the clock is clear.

Can you get green bulbs or do I have to slip some kind of filter into the bulb tube?

Thanjks

Zen

The LR clocks have the filter built in, would probably be easiest to get a green 501 bulb replacement LED from your local motorfactors, should do the same job and last for ever, the plastic filters tend to melt or break down over time with a standard fillament bulb anyway. Hope this helps, Fergus

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

Thanks Fergus,

I will go down to my local in the morning, but as they are only a small shop not sure if they will have one.

With a normal LED they normally require just over a volt to light them, and you feed them via a series Resistor.

Am I right in assuming from your post that you can get a LED that pushes into the same holder as the original glass bulb and has the built in resistor?

Thanks

Zen

On or around Sat, 04 Oct 2003 21:18:18 +0100, Zen enlightened us thusly:

you can indeed get green bulbs. not always the sort you want... what kind of bulbs are they?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yes the resistor is built into the LED housing and simply pushes into the existing holder.

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

Hi all,

Well I bought a pair of 501 Green LEDS off of Ebay, and find that my glass bulb is half the size !!!!!.

Wonder what size my bulb is then????

Zen

On or around Tue, 07 Oct 2003 20:44:56 +0100, Zen enlightened us thusly:

is it one of those little ones about 3 or 4mm diameter, in a plastic holder wot you push in and twiddle around?

if so, you can get green ones.

Reply to
Austin Shackles