Is Billing OK for kids?

...and if its like Eastnor, the buggers change it on a whim.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

That's a positive thing for them to do at times. The last 4 years when I've organised Eastnor I've always got a much larger stand than originally given.

Reply to
Mother

An aside, but this year it'll be the ALRC stand (they changed their name earlier this year).

A bit of history goes that there used to be an annual gathering called the All Rover Weekend. This was until recently held at the Town and Coutry Festival at Stoneleigh in September. We've had some very good turnouts for this in the past - and the 101 Club used to take a part of that (always very large) stand.

Last year organisers changed for the Count and Townie Show - and effectively made it impossible to hold the ARW there - so at the last minute Nick from ARC moved the event to Malvern.

I decided to pitch on the ARC stand to at least make it look a bit inhabited - being the only 101 there from our club for the weekend, didn't want to look like a spare prick at a wedding, being on my own on the 101 club stand...

This year A(L)RC may have a better turnout, so again, not only is it not for me to say, it's also not within my control to do any organising for any club. I'll be there, as a punter, not representing anyone other than myself.

Reply to
Mother

On or around Mon, 24 Jul 2006 21:12:56 +0100, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

Probably twigged that people were passing spare tickets around, so they're trying to jumnp on it by having names on 'em or something. Either that or a list on the gate and if you're not on the list then you're not in.

Buggrem, I say. I'll have to buy me own at this rate...:-)

trouble is, do you get a pass to get a vehicle in like that? I suspect not. Camping is an arm and a leg if there's just the one of you, too. 'bout 75 quid or something for 2 adults and 2 children, or somesuch.

arse.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

It'll hit them harder as people will not bother, trade will drop, traders will pull up stumps and it'll all fold.

Never paid to get in Biling as we always parked on the industrial estate and walked in, always offered but even the guys on the gate wouldn't take our hard earned for pedestrians, now thats the spirit. If you're camping then I guess it's fair to pay but the prices are a rip off. If your contributing then there should be some reward. Some military shows actually pay for your fuel never mind charge you to go.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:24:38 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

I don't mind paying the fuel to get there and I don't mind paying a reasonable sum for the use of facilities. I do object to a one-size-fits-all camping ticket policy, though, 'cos it doesn't. If I come on me own in Edward II I need space to park the vehicle and to get out of it, plus maybe room to plant a couple of folding chairs. If I had a family I could bring the LR and a sod-off tent, and use 4x as much bog-capacity, water, showers etc.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Agreed - but (speaking as a member of a 6 person household) what gets my goat/llama/donkey are 'family tickets' which aren't.

btw: when travelling as a family we are more likely to pack several small tents rather than one big one.

It's a tricky issue and IME ordinary camp sites have yet to find the perfect formula - the calcs seem to differ even within one organisation.

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:44:59 +0100, "William Tasso" enlightened us thusly:

yeah, so 2 adults and 2 kids is almost as useless to you as it is to me.

yeah. I guess what you want is simple price per person, with a rate for adults and a rate for children. Probably either the first person pays a bit more or a separate charge per vehicle. Tent-wise, 4 small tents don't occupy that much more space than one sod-off one.

I guess I might get on to the LRO show lot, see if there's any discount to be had for just me + vehicle

Reply to
Austin Shackles

yep - I'd rather ticket share than pay greedy robin' b*st*rds at the gate. Well if you make stupid rules you must expect people to find the way they work best.

A vehicle charge makes sense, reflects the cost of providing vehicle access and would benefit those on a walking or cycling holiday.

indeed - but they're easier to count than people.

That would be a good solution.

Reply to
William Tasso

They can't. There's a right of way (three actually) over Billing. To charge peds to get in would be very high on the organisers' list if he thought he'd stand the slightest chance of getting away with it...

Reply to
Mother