Judith at Billing

As I had to return on the same day from Billing I missed the chance to put a face to the name for Judith. The suspense is killing me....... did she find the loos or take a bucket....... was the trowel pressed into use. All the way up the M1 and M6 to sunny Staffordshire I was on the lookout for a Disco with a bucket on the roof, but as I didn't see any I can only assume that Judith comes from south of the rift valley around Watford. Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

Perhaps she had the bucket in the car and not on the roof.

Reply to
Nikki

Going to Billing tomorrow. Babysitter got an upset stomach - probably at thought of having to look after my lot for the day. My sister is visiting with her boyfriend tonight, a bit of a last minute arrangement, but is taking the kids to "One Big Sunday" on Victoria Park.

Reply to
Nikki

Yes, I made it from Portsmouth to Billing on Friday night then travelled the rest of the way home to the Wirral today. (Don't ask why I work in Portsmouth and live in the Wirral! I'm now home for a week's holiday.) Oh what fun the M1 was - but at least I could have a chat with the Lightweight driver behind me. In case you missed it, we all spent 30 minutes literally standing on the motorway waiting for the accident ahead to be cleared.

Didn't need a bucket. The flushing toilets worked just fine. As did the showers.... as long as you used the one nearest to the gas bottle!

It's a shame I didn't arrange to meet any of you. I saw a purple 101

- s'funny how everyone seems to notice it. There seem to be about

10,000 Discos all the same as mine (but mine is the only one with Tranmere Rovers stickers in it!).

I'll definitely be going again next year, so I'll see you all there.

Judith

Reply to
Judith

Yes, I'm not *that much* of an exhibitionist! A girl needs some privacy for these things.

Reply to
Judith

Hi Judith, The purple 101 is Grumble and belongs to Martyn, who posts as Mother on the forum. I've just had an email from Nikki and she didn't make it to Billing at all, something about Bruce and a dodgy sandwich. The Peterborough show should be worth visiting in September, but if you are at home in September, the National 4x4 show is just down the road at Trentham Gardens, although going by last year, a lot of traders won't be going. I had a stand there selling gear and promoting my survival training, in three days I took what I'd taken in eight hours at Gaydon, due to the lack of people and bad signage.

I'm off on three weeks holiday now, but I don't know where yet, still I've got two days to plan and the third week will be taken up canoeing down the Wye if I can work out how to get the canoe on top of the roof tent without damaging either, or depositing 16ft of canoe on someone's bonnet. Every year we go through the process of planning all sorts of things and end up tossing a coin as we pull off the drive, then we finish the holiday by agreeing that we're never going away together again, because I want somewhere remote without people and everyone else wants toilets, showers and pubs!

I hope you didn't spend too much at Billing, I normally manage to keep my hands in my pockets with difficulty, with all of the shiny new gear on show. Just out of curiosity, I know you said don't ask, but are you in the navy? Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

I don't suppose I spent too much. In previous years, when I've been at the ARC Nationals or other Land Rover shows, I've been looking for parts for my series III. It was different this year - I didn't "need" anything for the Disco; I was just looking round and buying things on a whim!

The Navy? Seems an obvious conclusion, doesn't it. [Question still unanswered!]

Judith

Reply to
Judith

OK. I think I saw you but I was shy. See you next year.

Reply to
Judith

On or around Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:43:47 +0100, "John Stokes" enlightened us thusly:

you should lay off the beer...

Reply to
Austin Shackles