JD Powers Again Says Landrover "Perennial Loser"

As usual...Landrover ranks as the dog, below Kia even...with JD Powers....

"Land Rover, which Ivers described as a perennial loser, finished last among individual nameplates. "They're highly desirable vehicles but they tend to have a tough time getting customers to buy more than one," he said".

Lanceandrew

Maybe we love them BECAUSE they aren't too reliable ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Well, most people here have had more than one. Some of us have several. Despite the unreliability. I think it comes down to character.

Reply to
David French

Yup. Even the blandest Land Rover, such as my 300Tdi 3 door with wind-up windows, has more character than _anything_ else I've driven. 'cept the Series 3 of course, and maybe when I drove a Mclaren F1, but that's a different concept anyway .. :)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

You're quite right, I always get out of our 101s with a smile on my face. And oil on my hands ;-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Yes but which Land Rover,

Mine may have been a British Leyland disaster of the 1970's but how many other British Leyland disasters (apart from buses) have served so well for so long. Besides you have to have something to keep you occupied.

Reply to
Larry

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Larry expelled:

As it was put when I first bought a Landrover - that's not a vehicle it's a hobby :-)

Reply to
EMB

JD is USA ....Disco, Freeloader and RR only ....guess we like LR because of the Defenders ;-)

Reply to
Aubrey

I thought the reason for having more than one was to improve the odds of having one that works ?

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

And that there's always one that you can 'borrow' bits off to fix the other.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:51:47 +0200, "Aubrey" enlightened us thusly:

some of us only buy second hand ones, and the discovery (if you'll pardon the pun) of the faults and omissions of both the previous owners and Lode Lane is all part of the Land Rover Experience (TM).

a recent case in point: the driver's side check strap wasn't working on my disco. Got around to pulling it off for a looksee, and found the bit inside broken. Welded same up, reshaped it with a lump hammer, re-assembled and put it back into the door. But what's this? that missing 3rd bolt, which I'd assumed had simply fallen out, won't go in (or rather, its replacement won't) - the hole has been misshapen by a carlessly-placed spotweld right beside it. I suspect that the 3rd bolt (the one below the check strap) has been missing since new, and the extra load this places on the bit inside which is not so well supported led to its premature failure.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Didn't have enough ground clearance for the green lane I took mine down.

;-)

Cheers

Blippie

-- Visit the alt.aviation.safety FAQ online at

Blippie

Actually, our best customers have owned several. It's the Freelander folks that hate us. Never buy the netry level anything.

Main dealer tech in USA.

Reply to
JPF

On or around Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:04:31 -0400, JPF enlightened us thusly:

IRTA "netty level"

still appropriate.

Reply to
Austin Shackles