L322 HT Leads

When converting to LPG does anyone have a preference for manufacturer or type of HT Leads to be fitted or will a new set of LR ones do? Have read about a few cases of "tracking" etc...with old leads and wish to try and eliminate this.

Reply to
Rob

Rob,

Magnecors are usually the weapon of choice :-) Pricey tho - but they do have a lifetime warranty. I've killed 2 - but to be fair I wasn't exactly being nice to them (or the engine) - submerged it in Tixover mud ......

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Thanks,did you go for the "8mm" or the "KV85"?

Reply to
Rob

Magnecors are expensive, but there are US suppliers doing them for $70 plus $14 shipping to UK. Just about to order a set myself, as I foolishly got a set of 'Lucky Golden Hedgehog' brand ones off fleabay and they are sh*te.

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
chris

On or around 23 Jan 2007 02:33:02 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@chrisallmark.com enlightened us thusly:

f*ck me, they cost more than that here.

personally, I'd go with the 8mm ones - fatter ones won't fit the various clips etc.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yeah I know, that's exactly why I just ordered them from the States !!! Agreed, 8mm are the ones to go for. I just noticed that the OP was on about L322 leads (the title of the post should have given it away really!) $75 is for P38 8mm Magnecors.

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
chris

I should have stuck my head under the bonnet before I asked, the plugs are connected to individual coil units by a connector. I shall wait until after the conversion to see what happens as I suspect the connector and coil unit, as a package, will not be cheap and I don't fancy replacing 8 on spec. Perils of the 4.4 engine I suppose.

Reply to
Rob

On or around Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:18:23 +0000, Rob enlightened us thusly:

Badger can advise about these - he's got one in his disco.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

A BMW 4.4? Are you sure Austin? Silly me - I forgot the L322 runs off coil packs :-) My own L322 is of course slightly different again, having the Jag

4.2 SC engine under the plastic cover.
Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:30:06 -0000, "Neil Brownlee" enlightened us thusly:

erm, no. snot a 4.4 it's a Thor 4.0 V8. but it's a similar ignition setup and may in fact be the same coil packs for all I know, it dates from the right period in LR history to be using common BMW-source parts.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Having had the chance to look at a catalogue this morning both the 4.4 and 4.2 sc have the same combined connector and coil unit, just changes with a change of V6A No. The 4.4 DOHC has a separate connector and coil unit.The price for a combined unit was nearly £50.

Reply to
Rob