Kenlowe hotstart

Hi,

I have recently acquired a secondhand Kenlowe hotstart, along with various bits of wiring, hoses, pipes etc. No instruction though :(

Can anyone offer any advice on where to plumb it into the water system on a 2.5TD, and where best to mount the actual unit itself?

If anyone has a manual, a scan would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

Hi William,

I've installed a Kenlowe Hotstart on my 200TDi. In the end I decided to mount the unit on the right hand wing between the brake fluid master cylinder reservoir and the power steering pump reservoir. It's just the right size and doesn't get in the way of anything you might need to fiddle with.

To plumb it in, I routed coolant hoses [inbound & outbound] to the back of the engine, connecting them in place of one of the hoses that normally links the engine to the heater matrix. This had minimum interruption to the engine bay.

The unit should ideally be connected so that the direction of flow indication follows that of the coolant [hot water enters the radiator at the top], but this isn't essential according to the instructions.

--> Greg

Reply to
grege

Thanks for the information Greg. Looks like I'll be putting the wings back on then for mounting it then - was wanting to avoid that for as long as possible, but I'm pretty much out of things to do in the engine bay now, thanks again for your help.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod