Kenlowe Hotstart

As a disabled driver with arthritis made worst by the cold, would a kenlowe hotstart be any use for a 300 tdi 110 Defender are they worth the £200 cash

Reply to
David Garton

Not sure if you have already seen but on the landrover owner international website on the discovery spares page someone is selling one for £70 + postage. very tempted myself but pennies are short this time of year.

Paul

On or around Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:42:42 GMT, "David Garton" enlightened us thusly:

If it's the type that plugs into the mains, and you have mains within reach of where you park, then yes. I've considered it several times for our vehicles. Get the coolant up to (near) operating temperature automatically before setting out (ideal if you go out every day at the same time) and instant heater.

ISTR being in touch with another manufacturer that was a bit less than kenlowe. I forget which though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Morph had a "Carmichale" branded pre heater installed. I've removed it for now until I'm happy it works correctly.

On my multimeter it showed leakage between earth and live and earth and neutral, hence left on the shelf.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D