land III

Hi, i'm italian and i'm just buying a series III 88 ; there is something i have to know ... before?

Reply to
dadOxx

I presume you meant to ask if there is anything you should know before buying one?.

You could read

also looking through the old messages in this newsgroup is good.
you to the google groups archive. Try searching for somethinglike "buying a series 3", should help a fair bit.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I'm English and I've got a SIII 88'. There are a few things I wish I had known before buying one;

The steering is funny The brakes are funny The engine is noisy They make a funny smell (nice smell) They feel clumsy until you go offroad They break They are nice to fix Dents don't matter Scratches are good

There are a few. Bye David

Reply to
DavidM

When mine was leaking oil out of every possibly seal, there was one leak that got oil on the hot exhaust/exhaust manifold. It smelt almost like you were cooking something :). On long runs it smelt like sausages.....

Reply to
Tom Woods

Hi, I have a S3 SWB, and must say that I agree with all the comments listed below, but most of them are fixable.

Brakes for me was the biggest issue, so I went for the disc brake conversion. Now this was easy for me as the Zeus dealer in Australia, but would have done it anyway. Now I can drive S3 like my Disco, and not have to worry about extra "braking exits" and off road I can rely on brakes in wet, mud, forwards and backwards.

Cheers

Phillip Simpson

Reply to
Phillip Simpson

you pommies must have some wierd sausages.

i love the fact that you can get that authentic "farm machinery" smell in the city. really takes me away.

Reply to
samuel mcgregor