Land Rover shops between Birmingham & Liverpool?

Hi all,

I'll be heading over to the UK to pick up a Series 2A with 3.5l V8 conversion from a place near Leicster this coming Saturday. Wondering if anyone knows of any Land Rover shops that are open on Saturday afternoons. I'm looking to hopefully pick up a steering guard, diff guard and a few other bits & pieces, since getting them posted to Ireland is very expensive.

Any of the bigger places (ie. bigger ads in the mags - Craddocks & B.L.R.S. for example) only seem to open until about 1pm, and since my flight doesn't get to Birmingham until 1.30, that's not much use.

Thanks in advance, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

e-mail us with your requirement - we are open all hours! - don't even get to th pub these days :-(

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Anchor Supplies is open until 4 - they have a place in Nottingham.

Not dedicated LandRover, but tend to have a lot of stuff in.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

in article c1dda2$1g2e0f$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-169718.news.uni-berlin.de, Paul S. Brown at snipped-for-privacy@geekstuff.co.uk wrote on 23/2/04 5:31 pm:

Where abouts near Leicester have you got to go?

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

in article c1dda2$1g2e0f$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-169718.news.uni-berlin.de, Paul S. Brown at snipped-for-privacy@geekstuff.co.uk wrote on 23/2/04 5:31 pm:

There is also one at Ripley(J26 off the M1) a couple of junctions further on from Nottingham. They sell a few Land Rovers and trailers there. Bruce got a carb for the Lightweight and a rear light lens from them as well as some other bits. Got a whole shelf with loads of parts on them, mostly second hand and definately worth a phone call. Details are on the website which is

In Leicester there is only Sturgess(franchise dealers) and I wouldn't order anything from them as they are expensive and can't order the right parts first time. They have got Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at their Jag showroom this week though if you fancy a look at it. Swinfield Coopers on Freemans common will probably be shut and that's pretty much it as far as anywhere in Leicester.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

in article 15ff56854c% snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com, richard.watson at snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote on 23/2/04 5:24 pm:

24? Bruce will be pleased.
Reply to
Nikki Cluley

If necessary........... but NOT for a 1 off 13p gasket!!!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

in article faa966854c% snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com, richard.watson at snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote on 23/2/04 8:15 pm:

Only joking actually. He knows what its like to be on call all the time. Being a builder/carpenter and also being able most other jobs in the house it hasn't been unknown to get a phone call to go a sort out a burst pipe or three and the odd emmersion heater leak at 2am. He also got a friends heating going after their pump broke when they arrived back from holiday on Boxing Day last year - luckily he had a spare that he'd salvaged from another job.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

I was being serious!!!!!! If someone's had a breakdown in the Stoke/Leek ish area I'm more than willing to try and help, anytime! I posess a jack, two spanners and a *very* big hammer.....

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

in article 1c5a69854c% snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com, richard.watson at snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote on 23/2/04 8:44 pm:

Standard tool kit in the back of ours;-) The parts are a different matter altogether...and he's got a motorbike he could come and find you on if we were really stuck. I've put your number in his mobile phone just in case!

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Does no price in your list suggest no stock? I'm trying to find some way of assisting Andrew fill his S2A up for its return trip to Dublin :-)

Malcolm.

Reply to
balloons

No - it means the supplier hasn't got their finger out and sent an up-to-date price list - so rather than risk being misleading I've set things to 0 - perhaps TBA or something wouldl be better - that's a good point you've raised!! Anyway, get in touch if there is something in particular you're interested in.

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Join the queue :-)

- Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Dunton Basset is the town I'm headed for. It looks to be about halfway between Leicester and Rugby.

I've just got an email back from the guy I'm buying the Land Rover off, and he says that there's a shop near to him that's open in the afternoon, so might give that place a look.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

in article c1f4k0$1i4daj$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-220391.news.uni-berlin.de, Andrew at andrew snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 24/2/04 9:13 am:

I know Dunton Bassett. We had a friend who lived out that way at Leire and then at Claybrooke Magna(got a real working watermill there). I've checked Swinfield Cooper and they shut about dinner time anyway. The only other place I can think of is AMD 4x4 out at Merry Lees and they sell the Bearmach stuff and I'm not sure what time they are open to at all.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley