LandRover 2.25 Litre SWB 88"

I bought a Series 3 landy on ebay a few months ago and have had loads of problems with it. Now the clutch pedal has no feel to it and I got no clutch. Looking underneath I see the clutch slave cylinder is wrapped with insulation tape and is leaking. Anybody changed these slave & master cylinders? Is it straightforward to do? Thank you.

Reply to
Paul

I bought a Series 3 landy on ebay a few months ago and have had loads of problems with it. Now the clutch pedal has no feel to it and I got no clutch. Looking underneath I see the clutch slave cylinder is wrapped with insulation tape and is leaking. Anybody changed these slave & master cylinders? Is it straightforward to do? Thank you.

Reply to
Paul

Its straightforward, but the slave can be fiddly as you will be working from underneath and its a pain to get at (and something usually drips on you!) Bleeding can also be fun as getting down at the bleed nipple on the slave is a bugger.

Nowt complicated though!

Reply to
Tom Woods

They are easy enough - a Haynes manual would be a good idea though for setting the pedal height correctly etc.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Rip out the floor & centre tunnel will give you much easier access to most of the nuts - but if they've not been removed for a while don't expect to get the screws back in place, they'll likely shear or need to be ground off. Those that do rust & jam, I don't bother to replace. They provide improved air flow round my feet then :)

Karen

Reply to
Karen Gallagher