Removable cargo box for RR?

I need a removable cargo box for my mostly-onroad P38A, for use in offroad applications

It will (eventually) be used to safely, quietly hold fire ext, air tank, battery, spare springs (air), tools, VHF mobile/base (to support a HT), camping gear, jerry can(s), etc

Is this something that has to be built from scratch?

Or is there a short-cut available?

Thanks

-Mike

Reply to
Michael B.

Just a thought... What do the police use in the back of their motorway RRs? If you could source a secondhand one you might be half way there.

OTOH I built a dog/cargo box for my discovery, didn't take long. It allows us to transport the dog on one side and provides a shelf which rests on the folded jump seat, giving 2 levels of storage for luggage. Much more convenient than piling it all up to the roof!

Cheers,

Chas

Reply to
Chas

You could consider pulling a trailer. A 6X4 is not inconvenient and keeps all the crap out of and off of the car.

Steve W

Reply to
QuickDraw Steve