Landrover scrapyards

Are there any old fashioned scrapyards around any more? The ones where you take your own tools and remove the bits you want?

I'm reassembling my 38a and need lots of little bits of trim and bolts etc. It's not worth buying new but I would like to sort it out.

It seems that nowadays you have to almost order the part you want and they'll tell you if they've got it. Trouble is they only really deal in major parts.

There must be somewhere in the country that will allow you to have a poke around

Adam

Reply to
Adam Swire

There's one in Bury, north of Manchester that does, if no-one knows them on here I'll find out tomorrow and post back.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

A1 Landrovers Tile street bury. (link below)

In the past i have bought from them a 90 hard top, side windows, rear door, 4 folding rear seats, wheel spats and a load of chequer plate , you take bits off yourself, or they will help for awkward bits. (they helped me remove hood sticks and fit the hard top in a couple of hours.)

they also have ready removed large sub assemblies e.g engines gearboxes, axles etc.

I have seen 90 / 110 / series and disco 1/2/3 and range rover .

cg

Guess I'm off to Bury over Easter then! Cheers

adam

Reply to
Adam Swire

Yup I have discovered and used them too. Good folk.

Reply to
Cyberwraith