Listing disco

Hi All,

I am now the proud owner of an old Disco (92 2.5 Diesel manual 5door

200tdi) I have bought the standard tool kit for same (Mig welder) and stuck loads of metal on it until the MOT man was satisfied it wouldn't fall apart on his ramp.

The probelm I have is it leans to the drivers side most of the time,on occassions when its parked it looks square.

I ahve changed the shock mounting rubbers (nice job) and the shock are all functional.

I cannot detect aweak or damaged spring or seating on front or back and the lean is even front to back (not more on the front or more to the back)

As there are loads of mounting rubbers on varius parts of the drive train, I thought I would ask advise before blindly changing all springs.

Suggestions on what to repair or how to further test would be much apreciated.

John

(Wellingborough Nothants)

Reply to
Long tall ugly

the spring colour codes are at

the off chance its not a standard set.Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

It's either the springs or odd sized tyres. My money is on the springs mind. A new set will not break the bank and be worth every penny IME.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Hiya,

Just thought id say im in Rushden!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Thanks all for the replies,

Will look into set of springs.. ( I have seen quite a few with this lean) still got to source a front prop Have already shoe horned 300tdi seats into it This is going to be a "Forth Bridge" project but it suits me down to the ground.

As a thought, it returned 34.4 towing my caravan but I have seemn on here people with 300tdi and later models doing a lot less...should I be conserned...it runs fine and ha plenty of 'grunt'

Mark...Hi neighbour

John

Reply to
Long tall ugly

Ello!

Are you up for some green laneing around Santa Pod next weekend before they close on th 1st?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the invite,

Unfortunately job precludes much free time (especialy on weekends ) at the moment. When all quietens down I may come and ask if the invite is still open.

Thanks

John

Reply to
Long tall ugly

In message , Mark Solesbury writes

I could be up for this as well - let me know when & where, I'm in Bletchley so not too far away.

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson

There are no fine details at the moment, but it will probably be on Saturday 29th at some point. It wont be a mamouth one mind, just a few hours out and about.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

We're up in Scarborough, so doing Langdale quest in the morning then up to Goathland area and laning in the afternoon. Dunno yet whether Sat or Sunday ... swmbo has a 'few things to sort out first' ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Sounds good to me, a nice potter in the country :-) Just hope things have dried out a little by then.

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson

Ill post the details here when something is decided!

Probably meet at the Needle and Awl near the Waitrose / Focus on the A45. Do you know it?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

No, but I'm sure I can find it - know the A45 quite well and have maps.

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson

Plan is meet at the Needle and Awl @ 10.30 on Saturday

Hope to see you there. :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Looks good, about where I thought it was, see you on Saturday.

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson

Buggrit,

Would have been nice to take a trip out :(

Have 2 reasons why I can't tho ... 1. I am at Abingdon for the show thingy, and 2. Someone is *still* borrowing Piglet :(

Hey ho ... maybe another time :)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

buggrit, owing to work, disco wont be finished, so we cant do it either....

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs