2003 Range Rover HSE

no reserve eBay auction:

Ed

Ed uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I'm not liking the look of that web addess - is that some kind of lure in to a hoax email password snatching site or is my suspicion on overtime?

Someone is bound to know. If it's legit then I pass my humble appologies however it doesn't look alot like an ebay link from here.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee,

It's legit - just a way of shortening the very long Ebay url. RR is in the states - I've just had a look...

cheers Gavin

Reply to
spoons1969

Ta Gavin,

Learn't summat new there! Good luck to the seller!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D proclaimed:

If you click on it, you get a redirect to ebay motors. If your computer allows websites to get your email address, much less any passwords, you need a different web browser.

Reply to
Lon

You are correct there Lee!

That link sets 16 different cookies in your computer, it is a bad news one if you object to being followed all over the internet by advertising SPAMMERS.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

Lon uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Super.

I tend to disagree. If anyone no matter what their browser goes to a hoax site that syphons passwords and the user thinks they are legit and fills in the user name and password it makes no difference what browser you are using IME.So everyone needs to be alert to hoax sites, especially linked from emails purporting to be Banks, Paypal , Ebay etc etc.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

ish from the other comments here.

If there is a need to shorten a URL

is probably better, they used to redirect all over the shop but since they bought up makeashorterlink.com don't appear to be quite so sneaky behind the scenes.

And anyway with eBay all you need is:

All the other s**te is not required.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Or just the item number, go to fleabay and type it into the search box, or with firefox set up fleabay as a search provider, enter the number into the search box and choose fleabay off the pick-list.

Or use a news client that doesn't make a total arse of posting long links ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

or just start the link with < and end with > and worry no more which I find the simplest of all options.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D proclaimed:

Ah, didn't realize you were speaking of someone with the level of judgment that would click on a blind link and be so crazy as to actually enter a password. As for the site stealing it, that just means someone is using the wrong browser.

Reply to
Lon