Look out Land Rover..

.. Segway is coming ;-)

Ian Rawlings

Hoot - wonder what the AWD die-hards would think if you turned up on that.

Reply to
William Tasso

Given that it can only stay upright if it has grip, I reckon they'd watch with anticipation until you face-plant into the muck!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:14:05 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

neat. wonder if they've actually sold any?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I don't think the latest models are actually on sale yet, they've just updated their range. Not that I'm in the market for one of course, I'd like to play with one but not actually buy one.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Well at least it wont x-axle

Reply to
Hirsty's

"Ian Rawlings" wrote

I wonder what the Ramblers will say about that? :-)

Could be interesting!

Reply to
Bob Hobden

They'll claim it makes a sound like a low-flying jet, which is apparently what 4x4s do! Nothing like a good bit of over-emotional exaggeration eh ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Would that be the same idiots who cross other people's land and forget to close gates?

Reply to
Torak

Not to mention letting dogs off the leads..

Not that we're generalising or anything ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I've ceased giving a flying f*ck what the bobble-hat bearing, bigoted bastards think.

I do think there's something ironic about this, though...

Mother

In message , Ian Rawlings writes

Yep, the police use 'em to zip about at Detroit airport. :-)

Reply to
Jonathan Spencer

If you've ever had to remove a tyre to repair the inner tube on a tractor or farm implement that has been used anywhere near a footpath frequented by dog-walking morons then you'll know why farmers are less than dog (and owner) friendly. Unfortunately tractor tyres don't just get covered in mud and cow shit.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I think I'll just stick to my all terrain sandals :)

Reply to
Larry

Oh go on, tell us how you *really* feel. :-D

Reply to
Torak

|| In message , Ian || Rawlings writes ||| .. Segway is coming ;-) ||| |||

Weirdest sight of my recent holiday was a group of 15-20 Japanese tourists zooming about mediaeval Siena on matching Segways, following a guide on a Segway with a flag in the air. They just cruised noiselessly across the square - looked a bit SF, to be honest.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Yeah, we're (Sheffield) now a focal point for Japanese students - and I'm awaiting the influx of Segways here. Actually thought about opening a hire business for them... Trouble is, Sheffield is built on

7 (substantial) hills, and the Seggy (so I'm told is its common usage) simply wouldn't be up to it...
Reply to
Mother