Looking for a 101

I'm in the market for a 101 and am having a heck of a time finding the one I want. I'm in the US so importing one is about my only choice. I've been debating it for a while but never having even _seen_ one (they are a bit rare in the US) I couldn't make up my mind. I finally got to see and look over a 101 Ambi a few weeks ago while down near the beach and have decided that's exactly what I want. I currently drive a '94 NAS D-90 so am intimately familiar with Landies mechanically.

My problem in locating one is that no one will get back to me. I've sent emails to at least a dozen places in the UK and not a one has even bothered to contact me. Does anyone know where I can go to find what I'm after?

Thanks for any help.

Tony snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.nu

Reply to
tony

You should start by joining the 101 club.

There seem to be a few for sale in the US in the ads in the magazine, and even if there arnt then you should be able to learn something useful!

There is a yahoo mailing list too which might help you in finding one.

I dont know how many of the ex-mil suppliers still have 101's in, but if i were you i would ring them up and speak to them in person. Go through the dealer listings on

(this is how i found mine!)

quite alright. In a way i like trying to persuade more people to buy

101's to make me feel better when mine is playing up! (so i can reasure myself that i'm not alone!) ;)
Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods blabbed to everyone:

I've been considering this.

I joined a couple weeks ago. :)

I've gone through there once but I'll take another look.

Sounds like me and a friend. He talked me into a NAS. I think it was so he'd have one to look at when his was acting up. :)

I received a couple of emails over night and one or two look like definite maybes. Next I'll be begging someone in the UK to go round and have a look at one for me before I start the whole import process. ;)