LRO Peterborough

Off first thing tomorrow morning.

Anyone know of any hassles getting in with a club / trade pass on wednesday (Simon???)

If there is, please expect to see a purple 101 parked in any nearby layby ;-)

Reply to
Mother

In other news - a nutter in a tin suit may also be there raising money again - get your pic taken with a Medievil Knight...any donation accepted...

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

't reminds me, must charge the camera tonight...

Reply to
Mother

I have plenty of room in my yard.......

ISTR that they will not let you in until the Friday.

I have dropped you an e-mail to the address on your website with my phone number on if you get desperate!

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, Fully restored, waiting on the appointment with the nice man at the MOT station! Suzuki SJ410 (Fiancée's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs

I would be going but am currently landie less being as it is that time of the year (MOT) and it is in to be welded - external plates on the top of the bulkheads, ce ne'st pas elegante mais ca marche - means the wings don't have to come of first and will reinforce where the roofrack mounting has busted things

Reply to
Larry

Cheers Simon, number logged into my phone - just in case :-)

Reply to
Mother

I hope to be there on saturday, in my shiny, newly rebuilt IIa.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

/delurks

Should be there meself on Friday evening. I'll be the one in the Toyota HiLux DC on acount of not actually having a landie ;)

Reply to
Stoneskin

In message , Austin Shackles writes

I use a 12V Uniross one with 2100mAH NiMH, it takes around an hour from fully discharged to fully charged. I suspect that this is the one you've been looking at as mine came with 4*2000mAH NiMH.

HTH

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson

Well the group is .fan.landrover - not implicit as being an owners group. I've little time for single Marque elitism miself and I'll happily tow you out of the car park to prove it :-)

Reply to
Mother

For a fee.....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I know I'm nice and safe in here. I just hope I'm not going to be beaten off the showground with half-shafts on acount of being Toyota Owning Scum :o)

Reply to
Stoneskin

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Stoneskin at snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote on 8/9/04 11:55 am:

No, but if you get meet Martin(owns a purple 101 - you can't miss it)I'm sure he'llgive you a membership application for the 101 club, just in case!

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

To update my own posting...

Sat here, sun, only one other landie (a Camel), cold beer and...

... laptop???

Sad - Charlotte coming tomorrow after going to see Rush tonight...

Heaven (hic!) :-)

Reply to
Mother

I've a photo somewhere of Grumble and a Rav4 getting on pretty well.

The owner of that could not be classed as scum, so I see no reason why you should. Course, don't wear a baseball cap and Burbury shirt...

Reply to
Mother

Bastard :-)

Breakfast time here, no beer, cold, the bloody yellow thing outside has a puncture and the kids are too sick to go to school.

Reply to
EMB

I've just got in from work, having spent most of the night trying to heat a stuck caliper bolt on the Disco in preparation for an upgrade of the discs (one of the benefits of being shift manager is that I can skive quite easily!). Even managed to split a SnapOn socket in the process, but as the engineers at work get theirs replaced FOC it doesn't really matter. Bloody bolt is still jammed solid.... but on the plus side, do have a beer or two on the go now!

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, Fully restored, waiting on the appointment with the nice man at the MOT station! Suzuki SJ410 (Fiancée's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs

Bloody hell, are they still going! 2112 is still one of my all time favourite albums. Cant say I like much else of theirs though, Geddy Lee's voice starts to really iritate me after a while.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Dear sir,

You have my deepest condolenses. I too have been affected by the caplier bolt thats not having any. Indeed it cost me dearly. Engineering Drill bits, dew drill, tap and die set... then a larger engineering drill bit, then a large tap and die... then a helicoil set... then a limping trip to the local engineers who was my saviour. He inserted a er...thingy..and then fitted a new bolt. Worst job I've ever had to do and most expensive in tooling unlikely to be used again. At one point I began slacking off the rear axle but had a last burst of pocket money for the trip to the engineers.

I hope your agony is shortlived and you can soon get on with the rest of your brake refurb.

Deepest sympathy

Lee D.

P.S. they are a real odd thread too.. forget what but that was half my trouble as I was given the wrong bolt as a replacement... or was it the wrong tap... I forget.

Reply to
Lee_D

Jeans and t-shirt for stealth purposes, check.

Reply to
Stoneskin