LRO Peterborough

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles at snipped-for-privacy@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk wrote on 14/9/04 9:34 am:

From a distance when we walked past Bruce was rather impressed with the interior of Grumble and we both said we'd pop back later...just never got the chance.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

On or around Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:16:26 +0100, Nikki Cluley enlightened us thusly:

I've an ambition before I get too old and decrepit to hire a boat (and I guess it'd have to be for 10 days or a fortnight) and do Liverpool-Leeds and back. I reckon that if you started at erm, Wigan is it? you could just about do Wigan-Leeds-Wigan in a week, but that'd be going some. There are a fair number of locks up from Liverpool to Wigan.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Don't worry about it! such are the lowlife scum that the world is beginning to become populated with....

Chap at the end of my row is a plumber, and somebody forced his van last night and nicked......... A pipe bender. In order to do this they used a pair of bolt croppers on the padlock on the van exterior and then screwed the rear lock up as well, so he is well pissed. Best of it is, some one was asking if they could borrow his pipe bender because they had some plumbing to do, so he has a fair idea of which idiot took it!

I got fed up with the tyre kickers on the lightweight. Spent nearly 30 minutes with one bloke who reckoned he had his heart set on a lightweight. Went through it with him, reciepts the lot. What did he turn round and say at the end? "Its really nice mate, and in my price range" Great thinks I, its sold "But.... Its too straight" I had to do a double take and ask what he meant. "Well, I want one with dents in, so I dont have to worry about denting or scratching it" He did not see the funny side when I joked that there where plenty of people who would happily put a few dents in it to help seal the deal....

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, Fully restored, ready for sale! Make me an offer! Suzuki SJ410 (Fiancée's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs

What happened? Was someone planning on driving in it off or summat.

I really fancy a lightweight myself but the missus has put the mockers on it, also nowhere to keep one either.

I spent some time talking to the chap at the show with the light blue one on the coil chassis. The only way she would let me get one is if I sell the 110, which isn't going to happen!

Reply to
Simon Barr

They nicked a pair of knackered (driven over the previous day) jumpleads and a gallon of petrol....

I saw the blue one too. Just a shame there are so many vehicles that claim to be lightweights, but then you find they are on coils and have a weld bead across the chassis....

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, Fully restored, ready for sale! Make me an offer! Suzuki SJ410 (Fiancée's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs

Wave as you go bye Austin, I live VERY close to the Leeds-Liverpool & can confirm it is superb with some amazing countryside & plenty locks (including 5 rise just a few miles away!) Some real nice pubs very close to the canal too, like the Fisherman's at Eldwick/Gilstead & the Stansfield arms or George & Dragon at Apperly Bridge (just down the road from us!)

Nige

Reply to
Nige

You can't trust anyone these days can you? Am I being naive in thinking that we were all at the show for the same reason, a love of Landies. After some of the posts following Billing it seems as if maybe some people go to shows to see what they can pilfer.

What's the significance of the weld across the chassis, do you mean it will be a 90 one with a bit cut out? If so the guy with the blue one reckoned it wasn't, he mentioned it to me as someone walking off had just been saying it was. He told me that there is a company making lightweight chassis for coil axles, I think he said his were RR ones.

Incidently that blue was a bit OTT IMHO, if I got a lightweight it would have to be yellow to match the 110. :-)

Reply to
Simon Barr

or more likely rangie with 12 inches out the middle than a 90 chassis cut down given the price of rangies now, and the fact that it had rangie axles is a bit of a giveaway

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, Fully restored, ready for sale! Make me an offer! Suzuki SJ410 (Fiancée's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs

Yeah, you could be right, bit of a conincidence it having RR axles. He was adamant it wasn't a modded chassis though.

Reply to
Simon Barr