LRO Peterborough

Just make sure Jeans are Oily (Jeep dealers sell stick on oily patches for their wannabe Landrover customers) and Tshirt promotes Old Squirrel Furkin Real Ale or similar, then you will fit right in with LR crowd.

David

Reply to
rads

wayne

There is unrest in the forest There is trouble in the trees For the Ramblers want more greenlanes And we all ignore their pleas

The trouble with the Ramblers (And they're quite convinced they're right) They say Land Rovers are just too lofty And they grab up all the light But Land Rovers can't help their feelings If they like the way they're made And they wonder why the Ramblers Can't be happy in their shade

Brings back memories, Paradise Theatre by Stxy was another one.

Reply to
wayne

Feckin Ace Davies...

Simon, yes... Charlotte says the did 2112 (or one track from...)

GPRS TOO SLOW, by the way...

Reply to
Mother

Fantastic!

I'm not familiar with the original but I like your version of the lyrics.

Do you think Rush might record it as an anthem for us?

How to end it though? Ramblers, hatchets, axes and saws... Hmm, that might be a solution. :-)

Reply to
Simon Barr

My ears are well shredded after two nights of Rush. Took me back to the good old days of Hammersmith Odeon in the late 70s - Rush being the first band I saw there.

Suppose I had better own up to this being my 1st post to afl - hello all.

Landrover topic ? - I bought my first Land Rover (Discovery 300TDi) last weekend. Cheers.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Wilson

And 3G, despite the big claims, ain't much better in real life....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Eeeek! Rain.

/me orders a large vat of WD-40.....

I'll rust!

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

The Classic Rush track is still the Necromancer from Caress of steel

Jason Hall

Reply to
Jason Hall

On or around Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:07:15 +0000 (UTC), "Neil Brownlee" enlightened us thusly:

hehe.

you know, I wonder people don't make stainless steel armour... save a hell of a lot of polishing.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

and my club stand is next to the 101 club stand and GLASS, so I could have had a real good weekend if she hadn't decided we had to go to last night of the proms.

I have just got back from the show where everyone is busy setting up.

Still she is now definitely won over to the idea of a 101 as a camper having looked round Grumble and the setup one chap has built in the back of a GS. Guess what Martyn gave her (keep it clean please!!)

If anyone is after a lightweight, check out the Peterborough 4x4 club stand, mine is for sale....

See some of you there on Sunday no doubt!

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, Fully restored, ready for sale! Suzuki SJ410 (Fiancée's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs

Charlotte went on Wednesday. Her mate did both nights. Odd, he hasn't answered his phone recently, prolly can't hear it...

Reply to
Mother

Don't worry, the GLASS and 101 stands had a few drinkies on your behalf (urgh...)

She is a fine woman and one you should not only be proud of, but treat as a true Princess. (She's also very pretty and has a superb sense of humour, such a woman is worth more than an original center-steer)...

I'm amazed nobody snapped it up to be honest Simon. I had a bit of a neb over it (you should have left the keys with me, for safe keeping obviously) and I did rather like it. Sorry I didn't get a little more 'assertive' with the little wankers who were showing a 'keen' interest. I thought they'd fecked off after I had a word, they must've come back later :-(

Reply to
Mother

Odd as it may seem, I totally failled to spot a huge armour clad techie carrying a Ted... :-(

I went on a serious hunt for you on Sunday but Daz said summat about kids and having to go home to derust... I did suggest you go see the Before'n'After chap...

Reply to
Mother

Martyn,

Verily, the transmission (gosh horses were much more reliable) failed on Piglet, so I had to get him back home to diagnose his problem. And all this just before the Belgium National (read - crusades )

He is now in the safe hands of Rogers of Bedford.

The armour also, it is true, was not in evidence, as due to another gearbox failure, my rain shelter/sun shelter was stuck in Dorset :(

Reply to
The Neffalump

On or around Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:21:32 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

you lucky, lucky bastard.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cue the Uni students with a big lump of polystyrene mocked up as a decorative ball for one of the bridges dropping the fake on punts below.

Yes - this has happened.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Yeah - but you haven't seen my impression of Eric Sykes in 'The Bargee' have you...

Reply to
Mother

It won't be polystyrene - this is near Rugby and Coventry - it'll be a real rock no doubt, or a burnt out Metro...

Reply to
Mother

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles at snipped-for-privacy@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk wrote on 14/9/04 9:34 am:

Very lucky indeed. Not managed to get Bruce on a canal boat yet, but this was something my parents rather enjoyed when my Dad was alive. I did get Bruce to the National Boat Show at Burton-on -Trent a couple of weekends ago and maybe next year we'll hire a boat for a week.

Didn't get round to see Martin or anyone else as Jessica was sick on Friday night about 11pm. We did take a friend with us to watch the kids whilst we went shopping, but after Isaac started being sick on Saturday afternoon and most of Sunday and then Joanne and Danielle by Sunday afternoon, we didn't really feel up to visits and just wanted to get home. Spent all day in bed ourselves yesterday, and managed to get up long enough to get the kids(all feeling better) some beans on toast last night about 7.30pm. Still not feeling too good, but better than yesterday. Bruce still in bed.

We did manage to get some bits we'd been after for a while, in between kids being sick.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley