Mac 4x4 Challenge

We'll be leaving the office soon...wish us luck ;-)

My co-driver drove Piglet for the first time this morning - not a bad attempt. Bear in mind he's only been driving 4 months, never driven anything like Piglet, never driven an auto and has to put up with me being paranoid! Oh well...should be fun ;-)

If you see us - wave!

There are two vehicles on the event with *huge* Team Mud-Club splats on the bonnet ..... so easy to miss ;-)

Oh and of course I'm sporting those very nice alt.fan.landrover stickers!

Neil

Neil Brownlee

in article c29mkc$22k$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com, Neil Brownlee at snipped-for-privacy@pccontrolNOSPAMsystems.com wrote on 5/3/04 11:00 am:

Good luck. There are some people(don't know them, but Bruce comments on the lovely condition of it every time we take the dog to the canal for a walk) who have the green Land Rover ambulance who live round the corner and down the road from me are in it too. Article in Leicester Mercury last night.

Nikki Cluley

Twas Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:22:15 +0000 when Nikki Cluley put finger to keyboard producing:

I was just reading about this elsewhere, too late for me to be involved (and muffin is in need of work before any long drives).

Best wishes to you all.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Great stuff Neil, good luck!

Reply to
David French

Neil Brownlee posted ...

Heheheh .. [ == Waves == ]

Yup, they look very nice .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

there are alt.fan.landrover stickers???

i need to know more!

oh and bon voyage o course. . .

Reply to
teddave

in article c2a2vr$r4a$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com, teddave at snipped-for-privacy@DELbtinternet.com wrote on 5/3/04 2:31 pm:

stuck all over his car.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

I've suddenly realised that I've buggered up the idea of 'spread betting' and accidentally got into 'spread sponsoring'. Give my hugs to Sarah in the ex-RAF ambi if she bumps into you, and also give my regards to the two others - erm, who I've forgotten, if you bump into them.

Have fun and... sigh... let me know where to send you the Tenner... (I paid the others in advance) :-)

By the way, I hate you (don't think I've mentioned that recently).

Reply to
Mother

Kin eck - small world - that's Sarah. When (if) she gets back - mention me and give her my, Charlotte and Max's love would you?

She's a smashing bod and I have a great deal of time for her. I took her, Clafton and a few others out for a 'learning day' offroading a couple of years ago, some pics are still available at

- (this was one of the lastgroups I took to this lane as too many sad f*ckwits started using itand rutting it up very, very badly. I go quite often, but only forreparation work these days). Oddly, it was while looking for Neil at the Indoor 4x4 Show that Sarah grabbed my collar and - erm, asked me to sponsor her...

Reply to
Mother

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother at "@ {mother} @"@101fc.net wrote on 6/3/04 12:11 am:

I'll put a note through the door on the way back from taking the kids to school.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Make it a Ten Pound note - it is a good cause, after all :-)

Reply to
Mother

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother at "@ {mother} @"@101fc.net wrote on 6/3/04 9:00 pm:

I know. They visited my Dad every day, including Christmas Day and Boxing Day. He died the next morning. Will put one in envelope with note.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Nikki - Go knock on the door - she loves to chat about landrovers, like we all do, you can give her some suggestions on the colour scheme for painting the ambi (or B'ambi as its now known - probabily cos it was very dear to buy !) , her 110 is called B'Lue)

Rich

Reply to
Rich Clafton

in article 404b434a$0$245$ snipped-for-privacy@lovejoy.zen.co.uk, Rich Clafton at rclafton at lineone.net wrote on 7/3/04 3:43 pm:

I guessed that

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

in article BC70FD21.3678% snipped-for-privacy@ntlorld.com, Nikki Cluley at snipped-for-privacy@ntlorld.com wrote on 7/3/04 4:24 pm:

Left to Bruce he'd probably retain the original colour. He's partial to green.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

As its gonna hang out with a tiger striped 101 and potentially a zebra striped dodge 50 4x4 it really needs something a little more interesting, we were thinking of gieraffe type colouring

Also for africa its just a tad military looking - morocco border guards would probabily get a bit excited and may say no to entry

Rich

Reply to
Rich Clafton

OK, so it's essentially military, but how about the dazzle-pattern that was used at one point in the Western Desert -- overall yellow with tapered stripes of blue and grey?

On the other hand, for anything like a desert expedition, you really want your vehicle to be easy to see.

Reply to
David G. Bell

in article snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk, "David G. Bell" at snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk wrote on 7/3/04 6:31 pm:

These are some of the vehicles my brother has applied vinyl graphics to.

?pageimages/Response-Mini_large.jpg The Mini is his, and its real colour is charcoal. He lives in Perth, but my other brother Tom(lives in Kent) does the same thing. When we were down there for my Grandparents 70th wedding anniversary the other week he was showing us some photo's of Patricks car half done.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley