Microcat question

Has anyone a way to get Microcat running without the dongle? I have access to new CD's, and would like to use it, but cannot get by the dongle.

Reply to
Landy owner

Been trying this one for some time - with zero success. I'm still using Unicat (EPC), FWIW it's a more accurate system! According to my local main dealer Microcat is pretty flawed insomuch as wrong part numbers etc, that's why they blagged a copy of Unicat back from me after they had new computers installed!!! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Bearing in mind unicat is now 3(?) years old now I'd say it has a lot more inaccurate data in it than Microcat, I know I'd never go back to it at work.

Microcat has a lot more search options, and a far better supersession system the unicat ever had. It'll also give you a lot more info on whats actually fitted to a vehicle from the VIN

I've got a 40k file that will let you bypass the dongle. If your interested I can email it. Then all you'll need to do is get your monthly updates.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Dickinson

Granted, it's a bit outdated for the newer landys, but the Microcat has (or had) a lot of incorrect part numbers for earlier models - maybe the latest upgrades have sorted it all out?

I'm certainly open to trying it....

That would definitely be appreciated by me Mark, and I'm sure by Landyowner as well. If you get a chance, email is brianhattonatbtinternetdotcom, many thanks. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I have a Microcat cd that says 2001 on it, would the file you have bypass the dongle on that? Cheers Richard

"Mark Dick>

Reply to
Richard

Yes, but you'd have to change the date on your PC to what ever the date on your CD says. To be honest Microcat in 2001 was pretty dire, so try and get your hands on an upto date CD

Reply to
Mark Dickinson

Who has got a microcat cd that they would like to copy for me for a small fee. The latest version available would be nice.

Regards Brian Tonks

Reply to
Brian Tonks

Ditto ;-) Richard

Reply to
Richard

Hi Mark, I have a 2005 version but it wont work with no dongle so Id be keen to try out any patch you would be kind enough to send me thanks Mark. snipped-for-privacy@z6.com Cheers Chappo

Reply to
Chappo Chappo via CarKB.com

Hi is this the same as the ford microcat?

can you email me the file to remove the dongle

prlcm dot atkinson at btinternet dot com

Thanks Chris

Reply to
Chris via CarKB.com

Hi Mark,

I have got a copy of the latest CD update and would be interrested in the file you have to bypass the dongle. Could you please send a copy to joshua1284athotmaildotcom

many thanks, josh

Reply to
josh

I've got a copy (Jan 2005 edition) that works without a dongle, just one 'altered' file that I know of that makes it work without the dongle I can send to anyone who want's hit. I'm looking for an even newer version (or an update) if anyone's got it?

TIA Si

Reply to
Si

Si, I'd be very interested in a copy please, the version I've got is one of the first versions - with all the mistakes in it! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Mail me and I'll send you details

Si

Reply to
Si

@ SI I have the April 2005 version and your welcome to a copy of it if i can get it to work. I read your post above and you say you need to alter one file.. Id be keen to try anything at present. Could you email me the details please so I can try it and if it works your welcome to my April copy. email ... snipped-for-privacy@z6.com Regards, Chappo

Reply to
Chappo Chappo via CarKB.com

Thanks to Mark and SI for their help it was appreciated. Unfortunately My Version is the Austraian FORD with 2 CD and none of the Fixes actaully work on this version so I'm still looking for a fix but todate no joy at all sadly. Cheers.

Reply to
Chappo Chappo via CarKB.com

Is it possible to send me a copy of this file. I have the 03/2005 software.

email it to me remove the scruu-2 from my address line and mail it to me....

Carlos

Chappo Chappo via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
bigbolden