Monty Lives!!!!

Picked it up tonight, what a laugh! Me next door neighbour drove the Scooby & off we went to Worksop from Bradford ( don't ask, it was supposed to be delivered to my door, but the blokes Disco popped a pot!!!!) It was dark when we got there we illuminated it with the Scooby numerous front lights & it does in fact look straight bodywise. Fired her up, she takes a bit to bite, but it does bite & when it does the noise made me nearly crap me pants! I reckon there's a tweet from one or more manifold areas. But, it got underway & the 'miss' became evident within a few hundred meters (more about this later)

The next bit will go down in folklore with my next door neighbour (who is the manager at the Leeds Jaguar dealership!!!!) I stopped to get some juice at Blyth services & turned her off, got back in & fired her up, tried to turn on the headlights & the switch snapped in half & all the spring & guts dropped on the floor, I thought f&ck, how am I gonna get it home & nipped back to tell my mate, he looked a tad concerned. I said we'll sort it & took the back off the switch & there were 3 wires, I didn't have anything to joint them together apart from a nail (yes, a nail) that I cut down with my hacksaw in the services carpark!, I could only joint 2 of them with it & could only get front lights. I had no choice but to drive home with a nail as the light switch for the front lights only! I had no rears so I stuck the fog lights on (yeah, I know!!)

Anyway we got home & despite the fact couldn't see anything in the cabin due to no dash lights etc , the journey was ok after this!

The 'miss' he reported does not feel like an ignition fault to me, every 10 seconds under medium load it just 'lurches' foot of the pedal or light load is ok. In fact I got know when it was going to happen so I lifted off. My own thoughts are fuel over ignition, but why so regular? Round town you hardly notice it due to constant throttle changes.

Anyhow, I'll have a gander in the light tomorrow & tell you more!

Ta

Nige

Reply to
Nige

I thought it did, but I took the wrong toolbox!!!

Never mind, what a laugh!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Sounds more like " Monty wheezes " :-))

due to no dash lights etc , the

10 seconds under medium load it

when it was going to happen so I

Round town you hardly notice it

Reply to
Hirsty's

manager at the Leeds Jaguar

got back in & fired her

spring & guts dropped on the

mate, he looked a tad

wires, I didn't have

with my hacksaw in the

lights. I had no choice

had no rears so I stuck

One of my IIa's has a lump of wire down by the footwell, as the dip switch has packed up. I just bridged the dip contacts. Been like that

4 months now.

Alex

Reply to
Alex