More zenith hell

Still messing with zenith carbs, not going well :(

I got an old zenith from a scrapped ex-MOD SIII and rebuilt it, but it doesn't run right. When you open the throttle it stutters and smokes black, then starts to rev up after a lag. If you open it up really slowly it revs without stuttering. There's also very little power at low revs.

The accelerator pump isn't working properly, fuel burbles out of the jet instead of a solid stream like the other zeniths I've used, could this somehow be causing it, or is there something else that could be causing overfueling?

I've gone around the entire carb with easy start, couldn't find any air leaks hot or cold.

Thanks

Reply to
Daniel Collins

We had a similar problem on our S3 many moons ag .. cured when we took the carb off and had it ultrasonically cleaned. Cost me £15 but this was 12 years ago or so ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx