naffin gearbox again

Following the thread a fortnight ago about No Drive etc, garage discovered chewed up main shaft. Bugger. Found s/h gearbox and transfer box and garage phoned this morning with it in. Noisy as f**k, can't drive it more than 20mph without earmuffs. Is it even remotely feasible to swap the mainshaft from this noisy box into my otherwise lovely old one? I'm losing the plot as everything is being done at the garage so amount of time used is also an issue!

Reply to
null