Need opinions on a RR Classic.

I know it might have been a shed, but I've been told by others since "I've sold non runners for more than that" "The LPG system and any working parts is worth more than that" "Bloody big girl, how much cheaper do you want".

So I'm gutted. It would have been ideal to find out if I like Range Rovers as much drive as I do to look at, whether I can live with finding LPG stations in advance of long drives, and if a real shed, just how bad they can go, and still look stunning for a close to 20 year old vehicle.

Better that than spend a lot more on a "decent" one and find they don't suit me, I hate the feel, or LPG rockets and I'm stuck with a rotten overpriced pig that I can't shift or afford to repair.

At least with a cheap one, I could flog the engine or trans and get the purchaser to help me tow the remains to the scrappy for chopping in.

Reply to
Elder

My thoughts almost exactly and finding LPG stations is a piece of Pee if you have a satnav just bung in the POI and Robert is yer dads brother. Amazing the number of folk who blanch at an lpg motor 'in case' no reason to suspect the robbing swine will tax it more in the forseeable they announce/leak sh*t years in advance. I had plan B buy a rangie run it till the arse falls off then put the gas setup in an MPi Disco ( not afraid of them at the price they fetch) and sell the rangie as a trialler/parts .To be fair my domestic mileage is very low after wizzing up and down the country all week the last thing I need is more driving, my Daf LF is a week old and well run in at

3500km Derek
Reply to
Derek

On or around Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:38:39 -0000, Elder enlightened us thusly:

there are plenty around. You can also consider an early disco - pretty much identical vehicle, mechanically and handling-wise, and in some ways more practical.

Reply to
Austin Shackles