Unofficial. End of May :-)

Right you bunch of tarts, I don't want to see any flapping about like a penguin in free fall , heres some suggested dates;

May 25th to 28th which if I'm not mistaken is a bank holiday weekend.

Wanted - Suggestions as to places

Once that some sort of consensus emerges then suggestions as to camping (bearing in mind some don't have caravans or do tents then Static availability would be good)

I care not as to where in the UK it is as long as we can get something sorted, though for the 101 afflicted maybe close to a petrol station would be better (I can say that, I've got the T-shirt!)

:-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Come on you porridge gelpers. We need off road.

Reply to
Nige

Count me and Bec in, would be good to meet some of you lot. Anywhere really, although Mid ish england would be good, as im a tight bastard when it comes to putting diesel in!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

We're In, just had a word. I could borrow a caravan, but would prefer not to.

Reply to
Nige

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Lee_D wibbled :

I think that weekend (Whitsun?) is the ALRC Nationals, some place in middle England.

Reply to
GbH

On or around Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:04:41 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

if all goes according to plan I'll be near Kendal doing bows and arrows. nice camp/caravan site at Sedbergh, good pubs with good food.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:42:44 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

ooops. not Kendal, that's the beginning of May. End of May is the All-British in the Rhondda.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Are you going to have a run up the old A6 byway Austin its on my list for a nice (none-damaging ) trip out I'll drop you the map ref and a photo if you fancy a look-see. Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Sun, 08 Apr 2007 15:14:17 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

I'll be in the tranny with the caravan on the back, more'n likely. Might go back down the "old" road - I'll be travelling up on Friday, with little time to spare, shooting on Saturday and Sunday and travel back Monday morning. Experience teaches that there's nowhere decent for brekkie on Bank Holiday Monday down the A6 though, tend to end up at Forton services on the M6 for that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

If you were going up a bit towards Shap there is the old A6 now a byway running south off the A6 and the pack horse route from Borrow Beck

across to Tebay I was scratching my head about food ( I take butties most of the time when working ) but there is a place that does local food on the Ingleton Road
bet they will be open on the BH see also tourist trapDerek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Sun, 08 Apr 2007 21:27:57 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

surprisingly, Forton services do a fairly good brekkie, apart from the rip-off price.

generally, we're only interested in getting rolling southwards on Monday morning.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

GbH uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Indeed but yer need to be in an affilicated club to get in and I guess most here aren't.

Typically I could throw a stone in the direction of the venue and probably be in with a chance of hitting something nearby.

Come on then peeps... suggestions as to where then we can look at camping / lodging from there on.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D waffled thusly

Ah well, we're away to Ibiza from 26th ..

Paul - xxx

Hang on, haven't we been round this loop before !

Gets my vote anyway !

Reply to
Steve Taylor

I think that was a figure 8 loop, I'm thinking more diesel kenevil loop the loop and off the table in to the kitchen units IYSWIM

:-)

OK so we have a starter for ten... now then I know you hightlighted a potential site Steve but do you know anywhere with statics too nearby? We need to pull this together PDQ if peeps are to book up for the camping given a BH weekend and all that.

Who so far needs accomodation.... i.e. doesn't have tent / caravan?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Ive got 3 tents - although thinking about it, one was used at Glastonbury a few years back and was put in the washing machine to attempt to remove some of the smells! Needless to say, the inner shrank so that ones no good now. If anyone needs to blag a 2man for the weekend, its yours - unless its taken! ;)

Its only a small one, but it keeps the rain off nice.

Mark Solesbury

I'll be 101'ing if i can make it and the bastard doesnt break again - so can we find a campsite that will have me? There arnt any other roadworthy ambi owners likely to be coming are there?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Tom it may be worth you joining the camping and caravan club (note not Caravan club) to take advantage of there list of sites and also there breakdown cover which I understand was as good as it gets with little quibble at the roadside.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Dunno. I recommended the one I did from direct experience, and I know they had no problems with 'kin big landies, because we took Bob, in his

4 wheel form....

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Sorry guys, too many conversations since last time this was mentioned so I really dont remember what came of it, but I'm still happy to nip in and see them about on-site accommodation for those who are bringing their own facilities with them?

Reply to
nullified