series parts required,

hiya guys,

im just in the process of rebuilding a land rover series vehicle, and one of my main objectives is to build a hybrid type series with whatever i can get for free, ( dont laugh )

so far ive got a front and rear axle, fronts off a defender, so itll have disc brakes up front, ive modified it to take leafs.

a fully galved chassis,

a unknown condition series gearbox

a lt77 gearbox

an engine

8 white 8 spokes with good tyres fitted

so my quest continues

does anyone have anything laying around that they want shifting for a series or 90 Land Rover, i may pay a bit for good/excellent condition things, but this rebuild has turned into a personal challenge,

so far its cost me £100

im desperatly seeking a rear tub, hard top with or without windows good condition bulkhead either for a series or a 90.

if anyone can help e-mail me at

andy at badlrc dot com

thanks

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Andy...

Can't fault your commitment... how are you seting the steering up as any I've seen so far would have an issue with the foremost steering rod/ and the link between wheels and the leaf springs fouling each other. - Interested to know as the Disc brake option interests me.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

hiya,

as far as im aware, the fouling issue can be resolved by fitting blocks/spacers between the axle and the leaf spring,

just got to the stage where im welding the leaf spring lower mounts, the rectangular blocks with the holes in the middle to locate the leafs,

the width is gunna be an issue as well, as the defender axle is wider than the series, but spats should sort it, untill i knock them off.

andy

Reply to
Andy

Where abouts are in the country? I may be able to sort outs a tub and a hard top roof. I'm 10 miles form Crewe/Nantwich. Toby

Reply to
TVS

im in sheffield,

what condition are they in. does the floor have the original supports.?

cheers

andy

my e-mail is

andy at badlrc dot com