Swivel's

Hello all.

Can someone tell me what makes EP90 look like mud? Is it time or contamination from something??

It looks like the seal was in good nick, and it's not leaking now ive cleaned it up and refilled it?

Going to strip the other side out at the weekend.

I know to do the job proper, ive got to stip the disk, caliper, hub, etc and remove the swivel ball, but ive heard people talking about cutting the seal and putting the join at the top.. Has anyone ever done this, or is it worth stripping it back to the axle?

Regards

Mark.

87 RR V8 EFi.
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

It's water - it can be a result of wading a lot, but builds up over time all by itself - presumably due to condensation etc. Changing this oil is supposed to be a service item.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

when I got my 110 about 18 months ago I changed all the fluids and the oil in the axles/gearbox/transfer box all resembled hot chocolate (looked like it anyway, didn't taste it).

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

On or around Wed, 18 May 2005 08:22:01 +0000 (UTC), "Mark Solesbury" enlightened us thusly:

mud in it?

it's not that hard a job, and if you're doing it yerself, and not having to pay £50 an hour for the labour, you might as well. Lets you examine it all at the same time.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

join at 12 oclock works well .

steve the grease