Oil Pressure problem

I have a series IIa diesel and the oil pressure changes based on the RPM of the engine. is this normal ie is the oil pump driven of the engine directly.

Thanks Tim

Reply to
tc

Mine's not diesel, but at low revs, hot, the pressure's around 5psi, bring it up to 1000 rpm & it's 45 psi. Oil pump is knackered. I keep the revs up, the cheap answer.

Karen

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

This tc anon leet fle a fart, As greet as it had been a thonder-dent, That with the strook he was almoost yblent. and said....

It will be low at idle but quickly come up to about 40-50 psi as you rev up to 1000 or so. Once it's at that level, it shouldn't go up or down much whatever the revs, as the pressure relief valve should keep things sensible. If the pressure is proportional to the revs throughout the range, I would guess there is something wrong with the relief valve. If you're only getting full pressure at max revs, the engine is due for a visit to A&E.

Reply to
Richard Brookman