Original S3 tryes

As header really, what where they (82) they seemed to be a very specific tread pattern. The ones that are on the front of the haynes manual are the closest but I don't know what make/type that are.

If anyone knows what they are or they are still available (or even if there's a near substitute etc I would be grateful!

Cheers chaps!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige

On or around Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:53:09 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

pattern. The ones that are

make/type that are.

near substitute etc I

Avons, of some kind, I think. now what were they called...

anyway, they're doubtless not produced any more.

Kingpin do one very much like it:

the one called KTM, in 600x16 crossply.

Mind, I think late series IIIs came out with 205R16 radials, certainly they were legit fitment.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

pattern. The ones that are

make/type that are.

a near substitute etc I

Rangemaster?

If so, they are still available I think.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

pattern. The ones that are

make/type that are.

a near substitute etc I

It was originally Michelin XS, Avon TM, Dunlop RK3 or Avon "Ranger" or "Rangemaster". NLA from any of the above, but there are lots of copies, The Kingpin KTM is the correct pattern, but there are other companies making the same pattern. (I have a set branded "Olympic")

You can fit 6.00x16, 6.50x16, 7.0x16 on a SWB, 7.50x16 on a SWB with LWB rims (which if you have later 11" brakes you will need anyway), LWB should have 7.50x16 as standard. However, if you wish to fit a Radial tyre, then you will have to look at a different pattern, I think the Avon Ranger pattern is only available in X-ply. The KMS and KPC from Kingpin seem to be quite common as a 205R16 fitment on Series

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Sun, 06 Feb 2005 17:46:52 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

Traction Mileage, them were the kiddies. AFAIK rangemaster were a) later and b) on 110s.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

pattern. The ones that are

make/type that are.

a near substitute etc I

88" 600x16 Dunlop RK3A, Avon Traction Mileage or Goodyear S&G

109"

750x16 Dunlop RK3A, Avon Ranger or Goodyear Hi-Miler S&G

109" 1-Ton

900x16 Dunlop RK2A, Avon (no type listed - probably only the 1!)

109" Stage 1

750x16 Goodyear Hi-Miler S&G, Avon Ranger

Avon Rangemasters came in with 110's

Avon still do a Ranger, but I doubt if it is the same thing. Rangemesters are still available, but difficult to get hold of.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd