OT: Car acronyms

Fix Or Repair Daily Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious

Anyone got any more?

DaveP

Reply to
davepseudonym

wrote

Fix It Again Tomorrow !

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

Found On Roadside, Dead

Reply to
Mark Williamson

Ronge Raver

Reply to
Hirsty's

so Hirsty's was, like...

That's an anagram, not an acronym AIUI - but reminds me: wasn't there a contributor on here who called his Landy "Rand Lover"? He was from SA, which is the only way it woiuld make sense.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around 23 Jun 2005 08:34:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com enlightened us thusly:

Fix It Again, Toni

Found On Road, Dead.

erm... there were some others, but I've forgotten 'em.

Honda CR-V I always think of as Crappy Rotten Vehicle.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

BMW - Bavarian Made Waste! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Found On Rubbish Dump

Silas

Not strictly in the spirit of the thing, but

Nissan Patrol - often referred to as an HGV - Heavy, Gross Vehicle.

As for BWM (polishes off the * key) B****y M*****c W****r and Black Man's Wheels

and GTi Got a Tw*t inside

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

We sat at Eastnor on the friday night having consumed copious quantities of beer seeing what amusing vehicle names we could come up with if we changed the manufacturers name to Anal.

eg Ford Explorer becomes Anal Explorer...... Vauxhall Cavalier becomes the Anal Cavalier.....

Believe, as you go through the options, there could be some very interesting (if slightly dubious) names!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

/me has seen this game somewhere else ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Fart In a Trance..

Reply to
Mungo

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles blithered:

Brass Monkey Weather?

Reply to
GbH

G> Brass Monkey Weather?

Hmmm .... Do they still store cannon balls on them?

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

GbH> In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin GbH> Shackles blithered: >> On or around 23 Jun 2005 08:34:28 -0700, >> snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com enlightened us thusly: >>

GbH> Brass Monkey Weather?

My brother always defined that one as "Black Man's Wheels".

Not car related, but I always liked

ALITALIA: Aircraft Lands In Turin, All Luggage In Alaska

LUFTHANSA: Let Us Fondle The Hostess And Not Say Anything.

Reply to
AndyC the WB

Fails Often Rusting Daily

Always Seen Tear Rsing Around

-- Regards

Paul Tasker

P.S. If you use the reply button. Remove the CRAP in front of ntlworld

Reply to
Paul Tasker

QUANTAS - QUite A Nice Trip - All Survived

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

and no longer flying, the Belgian (excuse my swearing) national airline:

SABENA: Such A Bloody Experince, Never Again!

and BA could stand for so many things.....

Lizzy

Reply to
steve Taylor

Simon Isaacs wrote: (Fiancée's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis,

?????

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor