OT: Dexion Racking

Anybody know where i might be able to get hold of a load of cheap s/h Dexion racking, you know the old sort held together with nuts and bolts. Dexion (and other companies too!) made mountains of the stuff years ago, so there should in theory be loads of it rusting somewhere....

Don't mind dismantling it and taking it away myself.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I've got about 2 tons of it here - yours for a few beers. Pity it's

12000 miles away.
Reply to
EMB

I just thought about that after posting. Needs to be within 75 miles to Bedfordshire.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

You've checked the industrial edition(s) of exchange & mart?

Reply to
William Tasso

No, i didn't know there was an Industrial edition

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Well - I've not seen a dead-tree version for years, but there is this:

as well as this of course:

William Tasso

Dexion Impex, Dexion Spandex, Dexion Speedlock, etc etc. All companies offering new and secondhand racking, installation services etc, none of it traditional nut&bolt dexion. These days it's geared towards pallets etc and bolt-free assembly. Unfortunatly the old stuff isn't used any more because it takes too long to assemble and re-assemble, hence it has little commercial re-sale value.

Ah, not much there either i'm afraid.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Sounds good to me.

ahh - I see. and that stuff was as stable as a 1970s meccano kit IIRC

can't imagine what type of business would carry that old stock. good luck.

Reply to
William Tasso

I'm always in the look out for it too - keep an eye on eBay and the classifieds in your local paper. It comes up (at a sensible price) on eBay now and again, but your local rag is likely to have occasional ads - you may have to "take the lot" and sell on what you dont want.

It's also worth keeping an eye on local scrap yards - Dexion and pallet racking often just gets dumped - I've even found it tipped in lay-byes!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Have a quick google for "dexion racking bolt nut UK", you can usually spot the ones that say "eliminates nuts and bolts" on the google results page, on the first few pages there were some entries that looked promising, a quick phone call would confirm or not.

Is this the kind of thing you're after?

"Slotted Angle Construction Kit", cut it to size and bolt it together.

Maybe use that as a search term?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Costco also have some very strong slot together stuff at reasonable prices.

And some gorgeous stainless steel tool cabinets. 450 QUID !!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

They *are* nice, arn't they.........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Shame their website is sooo useless, though.

Reply to
Mother

The industrial edition is printed on cardboard rather than paper. The Military Spec. edition comes out on linoleum. ;-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

silly sausage :)

... and the Ladies' summer special is printed on pink crepe paper.

Reply to
William Tasso

Its absolutely bloody useless, but I can put up a picture of these cabinets if you're interested....

I have my Charlotte-proof hat to hand.

BTW is that thing in the post ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Its absolutely bloody useless, but I can put up a picture of these cabinets if you're interested....

I have my Charlotte-proof hat to hand.

BTW is that thing in the post ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Erm (looks around)... yeah, alright then...

She's out...

Not yet...

Reply to
Mother

That's the stuff for the uprights - they stil make it. But they don't make the shelves for it any more.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

nothing wrong with it if you build it correctly and don't overload it.

Alex

Reply to
Alex