OT - Ebay and Selling Cars

A lot of you lot have bought or sold cars on ebay.

Im thinking of putting mine up on it, but i have heard stories of ebay charging a fortune for the privilege.

Any recommendations?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I just sold a car for £250 on there and the fees came to £20ish. IIRC its like £15 for the listing and then a percentage.

You could stick yours on mudclub for a bit first and any other landy forums that allow ads.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:18:11 +0000, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

The fees are not that silly. The only thing I won't do is take payment by Paypal any more, as Paypal fees are non-trivial and eBay (who now own Paypal) refuse to let you recoup the fees or even part of them from the buyer - naturally, they don't want any disincentive to people using it and thus making them even more money.

Personally, since Paypal is of equal use to both buyer and seller, I'd like to see a smaller fee split between the 2.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Last year I sold 2 motorbikes and my 110 on E-bay. Yes the fees are big enough to matter, but they were more than offset by the selling prices which, in each case, were far better than I anticipated.

Reply to
John Moppett