OT: FFS its a greenlane, not a pay n play site....

Okay, does anyone recognise these people, vehicle should be distinctive ;-) They appear to be the same bunch, especailly as they are both uploaded by the same person

Seriously, stuff like this really plays into the hands of the Antis.

If any one knows them, could you please have a quiet word...

Pay and play sites are where to go for this sort of thing, not a green lane.....

Simon Isaacs

What a waste of a good range rover...

Silly arse... Deserves all he gets to be honest.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Ignoring the heading on the Youtube page doesn't look at all like what I would describe as a green lane , more like a private farm track of the type I see in Scotland or occasionally in Wales probably only used rarely by tractors and quads and not generally open to the public. Permission by a landowner with a warped sense of humour maybe?

Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:39:20 +0000, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

the reg. no. is readable at the end of the first clip

Looks like D271 CCJ to me.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:41:04 +0000, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

yep, guess what, licence expired 01/12/05 according to DVLA....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

By the sound of the huffing and puffing look for the fat guy with the video as well :-))

Reply to
Hirsty's

Before we all get on our soap-boxes, can anyone confirm whether he was either driving a private lane with permission or the lane is a legal right of way for vehicles. If either is true, surely it is up to him if he wishes to re-shape his bodywork. As for the road fund license expiry - how do you know when the video was shot?

Reply to
Swanning about

It doesn't look much like a green lane to me.

More like an old farm track.

It's not really wide enough for a green lane.

Reply to
William Black

Oh I don't know, I went for a trip to Wales some time ago and there was a lane up there that wasn't far off that narrow, but the walls weren't as high and it wasn't overgrown. I've also been down lanes that are that narrow but with trees and not walls at the sides.

At any rate, they may have had permission, first landy meet I ever saw was one in Hampshire held in a woodland bowl on farmer's land with the farm owner's permission. It was near some housing so there were a fair few dog walkers about, no idea if there were complaints put in about it but it was before much of the mass hysteria really took hold.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

This is all weel and good until you take into account the damage to the walls., even if the lane is a vehicular ROW it is quite simply to narrow for the vehicle he is driving down it.

WUnfortunately whatever "rights" may exist common snese will have to prevail in cases where the lane jasn't built for 4 wheeled motor vehicles.

Reply to
Tim Jones

Interesting to notice that the videos have been removed by the user.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

Oops, I then saw the next thread on the subject. Sorry,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

Don't need it offroad! ( As long as it was trailed and not ridden to the track. Come to think of it though, they entered a tarmac road at the end didn't they? TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

On or around Sat, 25 Nov 2006 15:37:28 -0000, "TonyB" enlightened us thusly:

BOATs are highways and the same requirements for vehicles apply.

Reply to
Austin Shackles