OT - for sale...

well, it is at least a 4x4...

Austin Shackles

Current bid is £100 which means you've set the reserve at at least £99 more than it's worth I see. . . . . ;D

Reply to
Exit

On or around Sat, 15 May 2004 16:26:25 +0100, "Exit" enlightened us thusly:

bah. I'll have you know there are 3 bid on it already... 's reached the princely height of 155 so far.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Good - I hope you get some decent money for it Austin, they were useful cars. And as there are no posts detailing how you've, errrr, 'fixed' the engine on it unlike your LR, it should actually go! :D ;-) ;-) etc, etc!

Reply to
Exit

On or around Sun, 16 May 2004 19:26:31 +0100, "Exit" enlightened us thusly:

hehe. actually, I have done some work on it. had the heads off soon after she was converted to LPG, new guides and new exhaust seats, due to valve seat recession. never had trouble since.

Just to reproach me for selling her, she ran flawlessly up to Bolton and back yesterday, to fetch the new toy.

I'll be very sad to lose this one, I have to admit; even in the current less-than-ideal condition she's still a cracking car to drive. If I'd had more money, I'd have had some nice Konis and some uprated springs (about

10%, I reckoned would've suited). The front legs are specific to the XR4x4 and the 4x4 estate, and so are pricey, and the rear ones are self-levellers, (well, meant to be, currently she has granada rear dampers) which are very complicated inside.
Reply to
Austin Shackles