OT: Had to buy it!!!!!

Even though the brass shell is definitely not a genuine Tiger Tank item (Tiger Tanks did not exist in

1941) I bought it for our office. We have a 'debt recovery' department that consists of:- A claymore sword on the wall, a very large knife that could gut a whale, a Maxim MG ammo belt, a real ww2 US Marines dagger, an inert landmine, a superb Japanese sword, a bullet-proof vest, a real AK47 (deactivated with cert), a fin from a bomb that landed on London in ww2 & last but not least a blowpipe & tungsten darts set. I was recently gutted to lose an auction for a full propeller from a Lancaster bomber!!!

I think this would compliment our collection very nicely, another thing, we never have bad debtors after they visit our office! (that bit is true!)

Nige

PS:Anyone got anything to add to our collection of arms & armour, please let me know, although, a real tank would not fit in our office!!!

Reply to
Nige

Better still, you can use the wall on him!

If you got done at home, the easiest way to find out who did you is speak to three folk. Shopkeepers always know the shit going on, other thieves & the Police (if you know a friendly one etc) We got burgled for Jane's car keys (we keep em upstairs near a big sword) The first thing I did was go to the local shop & ask a few Q&A's - within 15 seconds I knew the name & address of the scrotes that did it. I then spoke to a few of my 'less law abiding' friends & they more or less confirmed it. Then I rang the Police, whilst they cant act on 3rd party info, they more or less confirmed it too.

The next stage is for me to know, but it really did work. It also worked when some chavs nicked my Mini's badges off our drive ffs!

It is the only way to find out, I bet if you go to the nearest chav area & ask a shopkeeper, you'll get a result!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Tiger tanks were around in early1942 weren't they? Easy to mistake Panther for Tiger! Maybe he meant Panther...no, looking on the internet...Panthers weren't around until Nov '42 either. What do you think its from?

Reply to
Wolverine

Tiger! Maybe he meant

either. What do you think

Tigers first duty was in North Africa 1942 & the one at Bovingdon came from North Africa. Panthers used a

75mm High Velocity gun, not the 88mm you see here, the projectile (yellow bit) is more than likely a real (the stampings will prove this) Tiger Tank projectile, but the 88mm case is from a 88mm flak weapon, an anti-aircraft gun utilised by the larger Nazi tanks as a anti tank/HE weapon.

I have seen these things in real life & they are massive, they do kind of stop folk in their tracks if you know what I mean!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

& we all drive??????

LOL

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Nige wrote... "& we all drive??????" Heh Heh! Top reply! :)

Reply to
Wolverine