SteveH

Its the new Carlton Diamond 24V estate!

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Just not as quick...

Reply to
Pete M

Doug, WTF have you done now???

And to the SteveHs of this world, yes it's a lot of money for an old car, two I'd hope to get the actual realistic price paid to not much over £1500 with some sort of part-ex deal, c) I've no idea of the mileage or condition, but if it's a genuinely decent one with sensible/lowish miles (I guess up to

80k or so) then I'd consider £1500 or so worth paying.
Reply to
AstraVanMann

I find myself preferring this for some sort of V8 quad cam manual gearboxed reason.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

How come noone mentions mileage?

Reply to
Abo

Maybe, although it's slightly tatty (acceptable for the price, sure), no mention of mileage or history, and I'd be worried that the lack of any description could possibly mean it's more likely to have problems that start with "Nik" and end with "sil", that the seller might be hoping someone won't notice or know anything about.

I'd be hoping with that Diamond, that for the money it'd be pretty much immaculate, like this Carlton here (which reminded me of my old neighbour's Diplomat) - it'd only be the fact that this one's a 2 litre, not a 2.6 that'd put me off this. If that Diamond's as good as that thing, with vaguely similar mileage, that's what'd convince me to pay close to top money for it (and only that).

[cgi_ebay_co_uk]

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Always a worry, innit. And always a safe bet that it's definitely not going to be anything low.

[search_autotrader_co_uk] Might be 3 grand and not 500 quid, but I reckon that one'd be money much better spent.

Reply to
AstraVanMann