OT- PSV testing

I'm some of you know about this...

PSV vehicle test - what's required in addition to the normal MOT-style stuff? It'd be silly to fail on something daft like no first aid kit, or wrong kind of fire extinguisher, something else easily remedied.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

IIRC oil and coolant leaks are extras on the PSV test, if it makes a big enough puddle in a certain time then it's failed.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Theres a bit on the VOSA site aboout seatbelts but typically for this government the site is more Neue Arbeiter adverts than info

bit more info at

Derek

Theres a bit on the VOSA site aboout seatbelts but typically for this government the site is more Neue Arbeiter adverts than info

more info at

Derek

Theres a bit on the VOSA site aboout seatbelts but typically for this government the site is more Neue Arbeiter adverts than info

info at
toanyone who gets multiple copies of this post IE is truncatingmy replies but i amdeleting them off the server)

Reply to
Derek

Theres a bit on the VOSA site aboout seatbelts but typically for this government the site is more Neue Arbeiter adverts than info

and more info at

Derek apologies if any one gets multiple copies IE is truncating my posts but I am removing them off the server Note- this is the 4th attempt!!!! it looks ok but who can tell what M$ will do to it- idiots

Reply to
Derek

!!! LOL!

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

Depends on which class of PSV test you're going for. Class IV is the same as a car test. Class V (13 seats +) is rather more stringent, includes things like emergency exits, window hammers, extinguishers, BS-approved window glass installation, accessability features (if you have a disabled-access vehicle). Not to mention a more stringent topside and underside check.

If you're new to it, I suggest you go to your nearest VOSA testing station and ask. They will have a copy of the PSV Inspection Manual, which if you explain your situation they might let you browse through.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Normal thorough vehicle test and absolutely anything concerning passenger safety such as insecure seats and handrails etc., loose or worn floor coverings i.e. things you can slip or trip on, sharp edges etc. common sense and warning items etc. Not sure about first aid kit though I would still have one but definitely the right sort of fire extinguishers I think. Emergency exits and lighting etc. Don't know about seat belts but I think they have to be fitted now.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

On or around Sun, 21 May 2006 10:55:50 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

the vehicle is 13 seats inc driver, and it can have a class IV "ordinary" MOT put on it easily enough. however, since it has a COIF and was when I bought it PSV tested, I was thinking about getting a new PSV on it as it's about to be sold, and that might make it sell better/easier - anyone wanting it for commercial use will need a PSV on it, unless they want it for what I did, which was to remove 4 seats and make it into a 9 seater. But if it's gonna be a lot of hassle and expense to do, then I'll just get it MOTed.

there seems to be a dividing line at 22 seats... the PSV tests seem to be

9-22 and 23+ seats. Ordinary class IV MOT is up to 12 passengers, ISTR.

might just do that. at least they can tell me what test is invovled. if it's just like a class IV MOT but it has to have all the signs about exits and so forth, well, it's got all them.

Reply to
Austin Shackles