OT:Scam????

Just got a letter at my old address. It says to ring the following number 0874

*** ***** & it's in the style of a very shoddy looking telegram.

I rang it & the number doesn't exist, I wonder if it's a scam that's been closed down??

The company that sent it are called the telegram bureau in Scotland.

Bit annoying as my mate lives there now.

Anyone got owt like this?

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"No, I'm Brian"

Reply to
Nige

*** ***** & it's in the

yea had a couple of those. went into file 13.

latest one is a phone call with a recorded message saying you have won a prize and call this number with this code. yea, right, feckoff.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

Have heard of a scam, that once the line is open it is connected to a foreign line and so on; not sure of its true. If I get that I try to phone a number I know to make sure my line is free.

0874 *** ***** & it's in the
Reply to
Hirsty's

From the same company?? Looks well shonky too. Thye odd thing is I haven't lived there for 4 years!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

lived there for 4 years!

I had one forwarded from an old address that was about 4 years old and a couple of years later I had another come direct, same envelope and format.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

Be wary of ringing numbers like that. There is a scam going round that asks you to ring a 020... number. It looks like a London number but it connects you to a premium rate (something like £35 a minute) line (I think abroad). But once you are connected it stays connected even after you have hung up. Richard

Reply to
Richard

That sounds a bit like this entry on snopes. Looks like the maximum you can be charged is 1.50 per minute, still a rip off nontheless.

Simon Barr