OT: supplier of used railway sleepers

Well yes but then you are already covered in grease and oil so a bit more from an old sleeper isn't going to notice. B-)

Start walking grease and oil into the house or come home with oily tar on your trouser bottoms...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Please - details of this witchcraft. We have a Labrador (amateur ground anchor) who can create a swamp out of a lawn in 3 minutes flat and this stuff might be the very thing to reclaim some dryish land near the back door. Turtle mats can only do so much....

sigh

We do love him though....I suppose.

Reply to
jermec

EMB

Hmm.. never tried burning a truck mechanic, or recovery operator, time will tell...

Reply to
Mother

Thankyou. Thankyouverymuch.

Reply to
jermec

You're welcome. There's undoubtedly other suppliers too - and different forms of the same product. I believe there's a lighter weight version supplied by a German company but it's a bit hard for me to find UK suppliers from this end of the world.

Reply to
EMB

Grasscrete is the proprietary name for an in situ cast concrete "mesh" that allows grass to grow in the holes, expensive.

Back on topic I was waiting for a comment from the silver 101 radio body parked adjacent to the coal yard I mulched about 100 tonnes of old sleepers last week.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Try

some ideas. Also try posting to uk.diy - the guy who runs paving expert posts there and is really helpful. Saved us ruining a track we laid at the astronomy centre, by teaching me about geo-textiles.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Once again, thanks. I'll do some Googling soon, but I'm not too optimistic about domestic back garden applications.

Reply to
jermec

The grid systems work out at about 10 quid a square metre.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Where is this? (First four digits from postcode is enough, by email if you prefer).

Reply to
Mother

SY779891

I suspect it was non standard (belgian?)

Funny thing is that with so few 101s built I do seem to come across a lot. 3 in regular use by people in my town alone.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Should you come across any others, can you stick a small note under the wiper with

written on it? :-)

I think I know the one you mentioned, but I don't think it's a Radio truck.

Reply to
Mother

It didn't look right and did not have ladder or mast for a vampyre. That's why I thought maybe one of the belgian ones, bearing in mind it was close to a collector of those.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

May very well be wrong, but I think it's actually a custom body (based on the Radio truck design) which was added to a GS after it was released. If it isn't the one I'm thinking about, it may be a LHD Radio truck that was sold a year or so ago by a chap in North Yorkshire. I'd heard it went to the Netherlands, though - mind, could easily have changed hands again I guess...

Reply to
Mother

I've had a look on the photos on 101 site and think it is a radio body with roof box removed and a hinged spare wheel carrier added to the back.

AJH

Reply to
AJH