OT: This should trigger a few ideas..

Not sure how many of these are true..

The world's strangest laws;

Some samples;

  1. Under the UK's Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don't want him to know, though you don't have to tell him anything you don't mind him knowing.

  1. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.

  2. In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants -- even, if she so requests, in a policeman's helmet.
Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Ian Rawlings uttered summat worrerz funny about:

"No comment" especially to the last entry.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Untrue.

Reply to
William Black

Hehe, you won't be informing people of that "right" I expect ;-)

They'll all be over-ridden by this act or that act I expect, especially the one about murdering scotsmen who are carrying bows and arrows, I wonder if that extends to Welshmen Austin? Watch out on your next archery do..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Well it wouldn't stick anyway as the glue would be facing up...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

The 'killing Scotsman out in the street without a license' laws are all city ordnances.

York and Chester I think.

You'll have to check and see if he's got a license first.

Re-enactments in both cities do issue them, so there are some about...

Reply to
William Black

Reports are that it was legal in Chepstow....

Tcia for Now!

John.

Reply to
John Williamson

Mrs_D is presently a frequent visitor to the loo during the night due baby bump. If she gets to find out she can pee in my helmet she just might do that as payback! Provided I can remove my A to Z first ( And yes it does fit and is where it was kept on my days on the street when in shirt sleeve order).

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

You mean your head *doesn't* go all the way to the top? ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Before the stresses of life got to Lee and to Lee's hair he might not have had the space in the top of his helmet ;) (sorry Lee! ;) )

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

Taint old laws that worry me, tis the new (circa recent 15 years) ones, many of which scare the daylights out of me.

Reply to
.mother

Indeedy, and the alacrity with which they are introduced, and how easy it is for the safeguards to be bypassed by careful selective publicity of borderline cases, leading people to prattle on about how criminals have more rights than law-abiding citizens, and how the hooman rites act stops people from being locked up etc etc. We are our own worst enemies and deserve what we're getting.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Attribution corrected.

Reply to
Rich B

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Too right!

It's too much tostesterone I'm told. :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I can't imagine the queen would pose upside down in the buff for a stamp picture anyway... I'm sure it would be left to the rest of the royal family.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D