OT: Tricorn hats

My brother has taken to wearing one of these to work. For those that have met him you'll not be surprised....

No wonder we get funny looks on the way in to work - sticker covered Range Rover with some sort of time travelling computer programmer sat in the passenger seat....

HELP!

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Is this hat something like Napoleon used to wear? If so, I hope the RR leads you to more victories that Nap's army!

Reply to
Viviane

Not long before the bells appear and he starts humming "Constant Billy" a lot, while getting an urgent desire to go and watch Morris Dancers....

Richard (Morris Dancer & Programmer, Recovered)

Reply to
beamendsltd

No the tricorn is the type that dyslexic highwayman Dick Turnip wore

makes you think they should be the uniform for Main AgentsDerek ( stand and wait weeks for parts delivery)

Reply to
Derek

How about you find an even more stupid hat to wear, he might say you look really stupid with it on and then you can have a chat about wearing stupid hats?

but as I cannot think of any more stupid hats.....

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

Once had a nix techie (not public facing) who used to like tie-able bow ties (the sort you, erm, tie).

He'd turn up, nicely tied, various colours - then whenever anything went wrong, he'd simply un-tie it - a sign (he didn't 'talk' much or use any other form of emotion) to the rest of us that the thick and sticky had hit the spinny whirly...

I've still absolutely no idea how he managed to be on the end of the phone to a customer one lunchtime, but the conversation went something like;

"Oh, you have _that_ problem? Please wait, I have to take my tie off. Have you tried [suggesting whatever eventually solved problem]? That's fixed it? Good, please can you wait while I re-tie my tie? Thank you".

(A conversation with more words than he'd spoken in 3 years of employment as it happens). The customer still mentions it (in a positive way) if they have cause to call - over six years later.

I would say I miss him to ickle bits - but he's currently earning a phone-number salary for a well known bank, so f*ck him... His mum still sends me a card at Christmas and calls to complain that he never cleans his room (he was 40 last year, and celebrated by buying a collection of Sinclair products from eBay - and a couple of dozen hand made bow ties!).

S'wot being English is all about don't you know. I like hats too :-)

Reply to
Mother

Well that would make my Akubra look positively everyday I suppose.

Reply to
Larry

That would depend if it has a ring of 'corks on string' around the rim to keep the flies off your face.....mate!

Reply to
Brian