OTTop Gear

Anyone see that Atom car, christ that was a funny article, Jezzas face was proper spread all over his head!!!

Looks like it could be a fun item! Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige

So Nige was, like

I wonder if that's the same Ariel that made the Red Arrow and the Square Four? It certainly looked a lot of fun. Pity Santa's already been.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I was straight onto the website to have a look at them...which was running rather slowly as probably a large proportion of Top Gear viewers were doing the same.

That looked like one hell of a fun car, and the only thing that managed to get round the test track faster was the Ferrari Enzo.....all for £20K or so.

It's certainly a third/toy car though...absolutely no thought for any other use than driving...it was smashing!

Alan.

Reply to
Alan Mudd

innit on again tonite?

Reply to
Mr Jolly

22:50 tonight, I missed it last night.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Was'nt mentioned last night, so I suspect it will be a best of from the last series?

Reply to
apk1

Personally I don't trust that test track time board at all, on another mailing list I'm on a chap was involved in the filming of Top Gear, and when the bike-engined Radical was top of the board, the studio segment where the time was posted was filmed *before* the car had gone round the track as the weather was too bad for a run. The time posted was just made up on the spot.

Also a few results have been a little hard to believe, for example a stripped out Porsche and a stripped out Ferrari both posted exactly the same time, down to the hundredths of a second which is unlikely but not impossible. It's far more likely that politicking was involved, not wanting to piss off Porsche or Ferrari.

They've also come up with some unrealistic performance statistics for some cars, e.g. some time ago when they had 80's supercars versus modern supercars, Clarkson stated that the Ferrari F40 had a 0-60 time of 3.4 seconds or somesuch, which he said is faster than any other car on the show. Well the F40's 0-60 isn't as fast as 3.4 according to most sources I've ever looked at, whereas the McLaren F1's is 3.1, which by my maths is faster than 3.4. I'm sure other people out there who have seen something they know about covered on Top Gear have also found it to be a little liberal with the truth.

The Atom is quite nice though, however I'd prefer an Ultima GTR, it's an old-school racer along the lines of the Lola T70 and Ford GT40 (the real one).

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Was gonna watch that, till someone managed to get a disco stuck in a ditch, and I had to go and recover it. Grrrrrrrr Only got back in about 1am :(

Reply to
SimonJ