Overgrown ExMOD IIa 109, What to do, What's it worth?

The time of year has arrived again where the Sword of Damocles hangs over my ExMod IIa (my parents are demanding the space it currently occupies is freed up soon and I can't keep it at my house).

It hasn't run for a few years (engine not seized), needs some attention to door pillars and passenger footwell and a few other 'minor' bits and pieces.

Options really are:

1) Try and sell it like it is. 2) Truck it somewhere to get fixed (quite like the idea!) 3) Find somewhere else to keep it and rebuild it over time (like that too!).

On the basis that I may have to try and sell it in its current state, I'm trying to work out how much it might be worth 'as is' (not much I realise). It's best features are the overdrive and a potentially 'tax free' V5 (declared manufacture 1972 - can't get Historic Vehicle status without an MOT apparently!). Is there any value left in the rest of the vehicle?

I gave away a Rover SD1 V8 (complete car) a few years ago when its space was needed, and wouldn't want to do it again!

The link below has a few photos.

Reply to
John Halliwell

Don't bother with any of the above - Ebay it and let the bidders set the price. I've just Ebayed a swb SII which looked to be in better nick than yours and got £400 so don't expect to retire on the proceeds as lwb ones are worth less.

Reply to
Exit

Last IIa 109 I bought in that kind of condition I paid £150 for. And I wouldn't expect to pay much more than that now.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Ooh! Ooh! If only I had the off-road space! As soon as my pedal bike is sold (the CAAD7 via ebay) I'll be looking to rid myself of the Bobtail and get a nice 109-IIa like that. Unfortunately it has to be roadworthy as it would be parked on a public road.

Reply to
PDannyD