Defender 110 - 200tdi - what's it worth ?

I'm new to the group and was looking for some advice on a Defender 110 I'm looking at.

It's a 200 tdi that's done just under 200k miles but does have a full service history. It's a commercial that has had the gearbox/clutch replaced about 6k miles ago and the chassis/body looks really good for a 1995 M plate.

So how much would the group say it's worth ?

The chap is asking £3,500 for it but I get the felling he'd probably come down to £3,000

Is there anything I should be looking for in an engine that's done so many miles ? (More than the usual ?)

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Tony Jackson

During stardate Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:45:01 +0100, "Tony Jackson" uttered the imortal words:

There must be hundreds of these for sale across the country so why buy one with such high milage? If the engine is fine then you can bet that the million and one bushes on the suspension will need looking at.

It's worth ultimately as much as any one will pay but having had a few high milage motors personally I'd keep on looking.

It may be a false economy buying a high milage vehicle hoping for a cheap vehicle but ultimately it will be down to the luck of the draw.

The other influencing factor would be what miles.. motorway, urban or farm? Not many businesses will run Landrovers for motorway work. The remaining two choices mean the vehicle has been well used especially if it's the latter.

Lee D

-- "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

Let's start with typewriters."

I got the spec a bit wrong, it's a 300 and not a 200 but I guess that makes no difference !

I think I needed the voice of reason to stop me "getting caught up in the moment"

I'll just have to keep looking

Cheers

Reply to
Tony Jackson