Overheating LPG V8's

My father and my self both own V8, Disco's. I have noticed that both are prone to over heating when running on Petrol, but are fine on the gas. Has anyone else seen this problem? Is this normal ? Would fitting some Kenlow fans cure the problem?

Cheers,

Reply to
Jim

Jim uttered summat worrerz funny about:

What age are your discos? I.e. are they running on carbs or an SGI system?

You can get wiggets for the carbs set ups which alter the timing as required to run correctly on petrol / gas as both are different. I think RPi used to sell them and may still do.

We have a Bigas Sgi system on our Disco and theres no difference Petrol or Gas and thats towing a rather big caravan with Kids, dogs and the usualy holiday clutter up hill and down dale. If I run out of LPG on a holiday run I've now begun to factor it in as a part of the holiday cost as as soon as I stop looking for a refil point I usually come across one by accident.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Assuming that the ignition timing is set correctly for LPG and that you don't have a magic box to retard the timing when on petrol this is to be expected. It's not a particularly good idea to run an engine over-advanced so it's well worth looking into a way to solve this problem.

Reply to
EMB