Peterborough 2008

Yeah

Ill be there tomorrow night and Saturday.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Sadly we're away this weekend, elsewhere.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I'm going to Peterborough next week, on Wednesday to be exact.

Reply to
Nige

My advise would be to keep on driving... :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Sunday for me.

Reply to
mike whiskey

No..

I pulled my back earlier in the week, was hoping it would be fine but no chance I'll be mauling the caravan about how I currently feel...

...But if that weren't enough Mrs_D's T-boned a Ford Ka that ran a Red light (fortunately plenty of witnesses saw it and stopped too! Restores your faith a little), whiplash for Mrs_D and generally associated soreness, Big Master_D has a knock to the head and Miss_D just shook up. Baby_D was at home with me in Daddy day care. It's only a few months since the Laguna was last stuffed too. 50/50 if it'll be a write off... but I don't really care about the car.

Hey ho!

Reply to
Lee_D

Soz to hear that.. Its a shit to sort out when that happens.

Glad the d's are ok.

You should have let her take the Range Rover - You need to get another one :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Quite, cars can be replaced, loved ones can't. I'm glad that everyone is more or less OK, that is the most important thing.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Bloody hell. Best wishes to the Ds.

Steve and Lizzy

Reply to
steve

Yup.

Nice to hear they're fine, and you're spot-on, cars can be replaced .. even the Landies, loved ones can't ... ;)

Quite.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Cheers chaps! Just got back from the local walk in Hospital, Soft tissue injuries for Mrs_D and Little Miss_D, Laddos just his bump on the head. Mrs D has pins and needles in her right hand no doubt from bracing up before the impact so shes gotta go and see her own GP this afternoon.

Honda Civic was deposited on the drive this morning at 9.15am - Can't fault that! Mrs D didn't call it in to the insurance until late on yesterday evening.

I've looked at the Laguna and the shut lines on the front end, whats left are well askew. Hay ho!

@Mark..... Why do you think I don't surrender the RR Keys!!!!! ;-)

Mrs_D seems to be of the opinon she wants something brutal with a hard front end but I've said it's best having a car that almost disintergrates as did this as the body pannels take the brunt then , not the passengers.

Rock on.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yep I agree.

Its partly why insurance claims are so much, but it better that than a life.

There was a head on in a 30mph near me the other day.

57 BMW (5 series... Looked big) VS an old school corsa.

Corsa's front bumper was half hanging off - driver on ambulance trolly with kneck brace on.

BMW was trashed. Bonnet folded, bumper off, radiator hanging out, water everywhere, wings gone, lights gone - driver on phone to someone looking at damage.

I know what car id rather be in.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

What you need is 101Fc landrover......

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Thats one of the reasons I got rid... In this case it would have just been another bump.. headlight and proabably steering box ,,, few hours with a hammer and sorted..... for the truck. The injuries would be another matter.

I was always pooing my pants at the thought of coming up against another 101 / Lorry / Tree. If often crossed my mind that in the event of an accident could I unhook the seat belt and leg it out the back before impact. Fortunately it never happened but is always went through my mind. That steering column between the legs does focus the attenion somewhat on the possibilities... they are bad enought for getting in and out when the cab is as supposed to be.

I hope nobody ever gets to test the response time as I'm not convinced that they would stand a hope in hell.

But otherwise yes :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Club member "attacked" by a drunken driver straight into the drivers side on the 101 walked away unhurt - the 101 rode OVER the DD.

fsked the chassis mind....

Steve

Reply to
steve