petition

won't do any good, of course, but what the hell, it costs nowt to sign it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Have any petitions they actually end up being in reciept of actually made a difference?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Yes they've made a lot of gullable voters think they can have an influence on government policy.

Reply to
GbH

LOL! - Classic!!

Reply to
Andy Cooke

You're suggesting that this Government has policies?

Reply to
Dougal

Yes - by having on line petitions, to make gullible voters think they......etc

Reply to
hugh

On or around Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:13:42 +0000, hugh enlightened us thusly:

way I see it, since it costs me nowt more than a couple of minutes I'd waste anyway to sign it, it don't hurt.

And if enough people sign it, then who knows, they might take notice. It's like voting: "there's no point voting, cos a politician always gets in" is bullshit, IMHO, I always vote, if only so that I can say "well, I voted for someone else..."

not voting and not signing petitions guarantees your voice won't be heard. It's like not buying a lottery ticket - a very small chance of winning becomes zero.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well said Austin ....... enough ripples in the pond

Reply to
r3dbac

OK, is there a link to a page where they say along the lines of "You said.. we did", just to satisfy my curiosity?

Each one I have read the results of is full of twaddle about why it won't be changed. I have to say I've not read alot as I have no confidence in the process. If there were any confidence to be had Clarckson would be PM, James May Home secretarty and Hamster would be Chancillor by now. RR Tax would be £4.50 and petrol would be 5p a litre. On the downside my caravan would probably have been blown up.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I guess we must consider ourselves fortunate here in Northern Ireland, since the current incompetents do not bother to offer candidates here we are automatically excluded from blame for electing them whether we vote or not. I do though think they should be required to offer candidates so we can decide not to vote for them ourselves. I feel discriminated!

Reply to
GbH