Ping Beamends!!

Richard, your mail is bouncing. A few of the bits are wrong matey. The pedal rubbers are off a later one as they are MILES smaller than the ones fitted to my 110 (1984) They look more like series rubbers than the ones you sent me.

You also sent me two handbrake lever gaiters instead of one & a gear lever/TX box lever upper gaiter.

I also could do with s few more prices, can you either ring or mail me etc?

Ta

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

rubbers are off a later one

like series rubbers than

box lever upper gaiter.

Hows the work going with it Nige? Got any photos?

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Hi Mark, currently got a leaking rear axle FFS! A flat tyre that needs sorting, then I can get going on it!

I'll take some pictures soon enough, gotta test me Nikon D70 out on summat other than pissed up nutters at parties!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

then I can get going on

other than pissed up nutters

I've been close to sending my new EOS back - I couldn't get a decent image from it. A bit of research shows that digital SLRs don't do nearly as much in-camera sharpening (none in RAW mode) and thus all images come 'soft' as standard until you do a bit of photoshop on them.

et voila - suddenly it all comes to life!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I had one of the EOS300's last year, I didnt like it too much so sent it back, the D70 is superb in every way now it's got £100 cash back too!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

the D70 is superb in every

Let's not have a Canon vs Nikon thread - there's enough of those on the photo newsgroups! I skipped the EOS300 too - my 350 is doing the job though. Just need to get the necessary together for a proper lens for it - the kit lens is pretty shoddy unless you stop it down.

If Warren gets the 101 through the MoT on Monday for less than budget I might just call into Harrisons on the way home! London Road is a very dangerous part of the world - Warren's place, Martyn's place and a very good camera shop all literally within a stones throw of each other.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I know Martyn's place & London road, didn't know there was a good camera shop there!

I'll have a snifter next time I'm down Sheffield (I can see it costing me brass now!!)

I'm not slagging the EOS at all, it just wasn't for me! The D70 is just superb from the box, even the

18-70 lens that comes with it is great for everyday use!

The good thing about digital SLR's is the fact they just capture the moment so well compared to a compact that has to 'think' before it captures, giving time for the moment to pass! The only down side is the size!

My mate & neighbour just bought the new Sony D7 (I think) tiny little 5.1mp super compact & to be fair it gives good results & it is *tiny* great for carrying about etc. Worth a look for a second camera at £250 it's not silly money either!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

Harrison Cameras112-114, London Rd, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S2 4LR Tel: 0114 276 0002

Just to complete the set, cross over Hanover Way and check out

Very very bad things have happened to me in there...

from the box, even the

well compared to a compact

only down side is the

super compact & to be fair it

for a second camera at £250

Mandy has one of the Casio Exilims (before they lost the plot and went big with zoom lenses etc). Credit card size, about 8mm thick, virtually no shutter lag. Brilliant 2mp party camera - unless she breaks it I don't think we'll replace it until the mobile phone cameras come of age.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

then I can get going on

other than pissed up nutters

A leaky axle? feckidy, and a flat tyre? hmm, tubes all-round by the way.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP