Discovery LPG

On my Discovery 3.9i (auto) when running on LPG at a constant speed and throttle setting the revs go up and down by about 300-400 rpm continually. Anyone got any ideas why? Its ok on petrol. Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

I assume we're talking about an engine under no load here? If it's under load then I ain't got a clue. If under no load, it's probably the lambda switching and the gas system hunting from rich to lean to rich to lean.... etc etc. This can be more pronounced on vehicles that have a long pipe run from the vapouriser to the mixer. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I had the same problem and the garage that fitterd it sorted it out no problem it was that the injectors where to big .Now that thay have been changed it runs fine in fact runs bstter on lpg than on petrol hope this helps

Reply to
charlie